Creating Christmas crafts with paper towel rolls is a fun, cost-effective, and sustainable way to celebrate the festive season.
You can transform these recyclable items into Christmas trees, ornaments, candle holders, and wreaths, to name a few.
Paper towel rolls are often discarded, but with a stroke of creativity, they can be turned into beautiful and eco-friendly Christmas crafts.
From kids to adults, everyone can enjoy making and decorating their homes with these DIY projects.
Experiment with paints, glitters, ribbons, and other embellishments to create unique holiday masterpieces.
Recycling paper towel rolls into Christmas crafts not only promotes sustainability but also sparks creativity. These crafts are simple yet engaging, making them perfect for family bonding time during the holidays.
Plus, the materials required are minimal and readily available, thus making these crafts budget-friendly. These DIY holiday decor ideas will surely add a personal touch and festive cheer to your home.
10 Creative Christmas Crafts Using Paper Towel Rolls
|S.No||Craft Name||Materials Needed||Description|
|1||Christmas Tree||Paper towel rolls, Green paint, Glue, Glitter||Create a small Christmas tree by painting the tube green, cutting it into rings, and stacking them in a pyramid. Decorate with glue and glitter.|
|2||Snowflake Ornaments||Paper towel rolls, White paint, Glue, String||Cut the roll into thin circles and glue them together in a snowflake shape. Once dry, paint it white and add a string to hang.|
|3||Santa Claus||Paper towel rolls, Red paint, Cotton balls, Markers||Paint the roll red, use cotton balls for the beard and hat edge, and markers to doodle the face details.|
|4||Holiday Candles||Paper towel rolls, Yellow cardstock, Glue||Create faux candles by inserting yellow cardstock flames into the top of a paper towel roll.|
|5||Reindeer||Paper towel rolls, Brown paint, Googly eyes, Red pom poms, Chenille sticks||Make a reindeer by painting the roll brown, gluing googly eyes, a red pom pom nose, and using chenille sticks as antlers.|
|6||Angel Figurines||Paper towel rolls, White & yellow paint, Lace, Glitter||Create angels by painting the rolls white, adding lace for wings, and using yellow for the hair and halo. Add glitter for extra sparkle.|
|7||Christmas Crackers||Paper towel rolls, Colourful paper, Ribbon, Small gifts/candy||Fill the roll with small gifts or candies, roll it in a colourful paper and tie the ends with ribbon to create a cracker.|
|8||Snowman||Paper towel rolls, White paint, Buttons, Orange paper||Paint the roll white, use buttons for the eyes and mouth, and an orange paper triangle for the nose to make a snowman.|
|9||Nativity Scene||Paper towel rolls, Paint, Fabric scraps, Glue||Create a basic nativity scene with painted rolls and fabric scraps for garments.|
|10||Paper Wreath||Paper towel rolls, Green paint, Red paper, Ribbon||Cut the roll into thin circles, paint them green and glue together in a circle to create a wreath. Add red paper holly berries and a ribbon bow.|
Five Facts About Easy Christmas Crafts with Paper Towel Rolls
Traditional Christmas Decorations With Paper Towel Rolls:
Christmas Craft Ideas With Paper Towel Rolls
Christmas holidays are the perfect time to unleash your creativity and make something beautiful for your home.
And what can be better than crafting some traditional christmas decorations with paper towel rolls? This budget-friendly material can be transformed into gorgeous ornaments, wreaths, and even christmas trees!
Crafting Decorative Ornaments
- Cut the paper towel rolls into small rings, each about 1 to 2 inches wide.
- Paint the rings with festive colors like red, green, gold, or silver. You can also mix the colors to create your unique shades.
- Let the paint dry and then start decorating the rings with glitter, sequins, buttons, beads, or ribbon. Be creative and personalize each ornament to match your style and taste.
- Use a thread or a ribbon to hang the ornaments on your christmas tree, garland, or wreath.
Diy Festive Wreaths
- Cut the paper towel rolls into rings and then flatten them.
- Glue the rings together in a circular shape, overlapping them slightly, until you form a wreath.
- Let the glue dry and then paint the wreath with your preferred color or cover it with wrapping paper, fabric, or felt.
- Attach festive decorations like ribbons, pinecones, berries, holly leaves, or small christmas ornaments using hot glue or wire.
- Hang your wreath on the door, above your fireplace, or on a wall to add a cozy and welcoming touch to your home.
How-To Create Christmas Trees Using Paper Towel Rolls
- Cut the paper towel rolls into increasingly smaller rings, with the widest being about 5 inches across and the smallest about 1 inch across. You’ll need about 10-12 rings in total but feel free to customize the size and number of rings according to your preference.
- Paint each ring with green acrylic paint and let it dry completely.
- Fold each ring in half and then again into quarters, making creases at each fold. The rings will now look like folded triangles.
- Insert a toothpick into the middle of the folded rings and stack them onto each other, with the largest at the bottom and the smallest at the top. Make sure each ring is centered on the toothpick, and the tree is straight.
- Once you have a stack of rings, spread out each ring to give your tree a three-dimensional shape. You can use a pen or a pencil to fold out the creases.
- Add a star or an angel to the top of your christmas tree made from paper towel rolls. You can make the star with cardboard and paint it gold or silver.
- Place your christmas tree on your mantelpiece, bookshelf, or table, and enjoy the handmade festive feel.
With these simple and easy-to-follow instructions, you can transform paper towel rolls into beautiful christmas decorations and create a festive atmosphere, adding warmth to your home during the holiday season.
Paper Towel Roll Craft Ideas For Kids:
Fun And Easy Diy Projects For Children
Are you looking for a fun activity to do with your kids this festive season? Well, look no further! I have some fantastic paper towel roll craft ideas that will keep your little ones entertained and happy.
These projects are not only simple to make, but they also encourage creativity and imagination. So, let’s dive into some exciting diy projects that you and your kids can do together.
Crafting A Snowman Using Paper Towel Rolls
Do you want to build a snowman, but there’s no actual snow outside? No problem! You can create your very own snowman using paper towel rolls.
Here’s what you’ll need for this project:
- Three paper towel rolls
- White, black, and orange acrylic paint
- Googly eyes
- Construction paper
Now, let’s get started:
- Cut the first paper towel roll in half and discard one half. You can use the other half as the base of your snowman.
- Paint the base with white acrylic paint and let it dry completely.
- Cut the second paper towel roll in half, then use white acrylic paint to paint it. Let it dry.
- Cut the third paper towel roll into three equal pieces. Paint these pieces with white acrylic paint.
- Once everything is dry, attach the two smaller pieces on top of the base roll with glue, creating the head and the middle of the snowman.
- Use the remaining roll pieces to cut out the arms and buttons. Paint these pieces black and let them dry.
- Cut a small triangle shape from the construction paper to create the nose of the snowman. Paint it orange and let it dry.
- Glue the eyes, nose, buttons, and arms onto the snowman.
Your Paper Towel Roll Snowman Is Complete! Happy Holidays!
Creating Handmade Christmas Cards From Paper Towel Rolls
What could be more thoughtful than a handmade christmas card? With this simple paper towel roll craft idea, you can create unique and beautiful cards that your loved ones are sure to appreciate.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Paper towel roll
- Blank cards and envelopes
- Red and green acrylic paint
Now, let’s get started:
- Fold a blank card in half to create the card shape.
- Cut a piece of the paper towel roll that fits the size of the card. Cut the piece in half.
- Paint one half of the paper towel roll with red acrylic paint, and the other half with green acrylic paint. Let the paint dry.
- Cut both painted paper towel roll pieces into thin circles, about 1/8 inch in width.
- Apply glue on one side of the circles and stick them into a wreath shape on the front of the card.
- Decorate the wreath with glitter to add some sparkle.
- Let it dry and then write your message on the inside of the card.
Your handmade christmas card is ready to be sent out – it’s a personal touch that your loved ones will treasure.
These paper towel roll craft ideas for kids are easy and fun to make, using supplies you most likely have right in your home. Make sure to take some photos of your finished projects to share with your friends and family.
Upcycling Christmas Gift Wrapping Using Paper Towel Rolls:
Upcycling Christmas Gift Wrapping Using Paper Towel Rolls
With christmas around the corner, you must be prepping up to surprise your loved ones with thoughtful gifts. But what about the wrapping paper?
It’s time to ditch the conventional way of using wrapping paper and try something creative and sustainable.
You will learn how to use paper towel rolls as sustainable christmas gift wrap and crafting christmas crackers from paper towel rolls.
How To Use Paper Towel Rolls As Sustainable Christmas Gift Wrap:
Are you looking for a sustainable gift wrapping option this christmas? Paper towel rolls are the perfect way to wrap small gifts.
Here’s how to do it:
- Cut the paper towel roll into desired sizes.
- Flatten the rolls and fold the edges over your gift.
- Secure the wrap with a ribbon or a string.
- Add some decorative elements like dried leaves, berries or cinnamon sticks to the top of the package to add more style and personalization.
Crafting Christmas Crackers From Paper Towel Rolls:
Christmas crackers are always a hit, but they can be damaging to the environment due to their single-use plastics.
Creating your own crackers can put an end to that. Making them from paper towel rolls is a sustainable way to enjoy the tradition.
Here’s how to do it:
- Cut the paper towel roll in half.
- Take half of the roll and wrap it up with coloured tissue paper, leaving enough on either end to tie it up.
- Fill the hollow centre of the roll with small toys, trinkets or jokes.
- Tie one end of the roll with ribbon or twine.
- Crimp the other end to create the cracker shape.
- Add some decorative elements like glitter, small stickers or ribbon to enhance the design of your cracker.
By using paper towel rolls for gift wrapping and crafting, you are making a sustainable choice while still being creative and festive.
Plus, it’s a perfect way to spend quality time with family and friends while creating something that’s unique and memorable.
So, let’s get wrapping and crafting to make this christmas a beautiful and sustainable one.
Extraordinary Christmas Decorations With Paper Towel Rolls:
Extraordinary christmas decorations with paper towel rolls:
Are you looking for new and creative ways to decorate your home this christmas season? Look no further than your paper towel rolls!
With a little creativity and some basic supplies, you can make stunning and unique ornaments and decorations that are perfect for the holiday season.
Crafting Luminous Snowflakes From Paper Towel Rolls And Fairy Lights:
- Gather your supplies: Paper towel rolls, scissors, white paint, glitter, glue, and fairy lights
- Cut the paper towel roll into 5 equal parts of approximately 1 inch in length
- Cut each of the 5 pieces lengthwise into 4 thin strips
- Wrap each strip around itself to create a pointy end and glue together to form a snowflake
- Paint the snowflake white and sprinkle glitter over each point
- Once dry, twist fairy lights around the snowflake and hang it up for a beautiful and luminous display
Diy Paper Towel Roll Snow Globes For Christmas:
- Gather your supplies: Paper towel rolls, clear plastic cups, scissors, fake snow, mini trees/figurines, glue, and ribbon
- Cut a paper towel roll in 1 inch segments and attach a figurine or mini tree to the top with glue
- Glue fake snow on the inside of a clear plastic cup and attach the paper towel roll segment to the center
- Cut a circle out of cardboard and cover with white paper to create the snow globe base
- Attach the clear plastic cup to the base with glue and decorate the base with ribbon for an adorable and festive snow globe
With just a few simple steps, you can transform your leftover paper towel rolls into unique and unforgettable christmas decorations. So get crafty and add some handmade charm to your holiday decor this season!
FAQ On Easy Christmas Crafts with Paper Towel Rolls
What Are Some Christmas Craft Ideas With Paper Towel Rolls?
You can make paper towel roll snowmen, christmas trees, and wreaths. You can also make gift boxes and ornaments.
How Do You Make Snowman With Paper Towel Rolls?
cut the paper towel roll into three equal parts, paint them white, and glue them together. Add details using paint and felt.
Can Paper Towel Rolls Be Used For Making Gift Boxes?
Yes, you can flatten the roll, then flatten perpendicular creases on each end and fold them in to create the box.
Are There Any Safety Tips To Remember When Creating With Paper Towel Rolls?
use scissors carefully to avoid injury. Use non-toxic paint and glue in well-ventilated areas. Supervise children.
Without a doubt, paper towel rolls can be turned into amazing and creative christmas crafts. We have highlighted some of the best projects that are not only easy to make but also budget-friendly.
From cute snowmen to reindeer ornaments, the options are endless. By using simple materials that are readily available, you can create beautiful decorations that will make your holiday season even more special.
Crafting is a perfect activity to enjoy with family and friends during the festive season, and with these amazing paper towel roll ideas, everyone can get in on the action.
With some imagination and creativity, you can take this innovative route to decorate your home and surprise your loved ones. So this holiday season, don’t forget to gather your paper towel rolls and start making some christmas magic!