Create a functional and stylish paper towel holder using materials from the Dollar Tree.
A Dollar Tree paper towel holder DIY project is an affordable and creative way to add a personalized touch to your kitchen. By using Dollar Tree items, you can create a paper towel holder that matches your kitchen decor and fits your budget.
To create a Dollar Tree paper towel holder, gather materials such as a candle holder, wooden dowel, and suction cups.
Begin by painting the candle holder and dowel to match your kitchen’s color scheme. Next, attach the suction cups to the bottom of the candle holder, ensuring a secure fit.
Finally, insert the wooden dowel through the center of the candle holder and place your paper towels on it. Now, you have an affordable and stylish paper towel holder made from Dollar Tree items!
DIY Dollar Tree Paper Towel Holder Materials & Description
|Paper Towel Roll||Standard size paper towel roll for holder||1||$1|
|Wooden Dowel||0.5-1 inch diameter, long enough to hold the paper towel roll||1||$1|
|Wood Base||Flat wooden piece, minimum 5 inches by 5 inches||1||$1|
|Wood Glue||Strong adhesive to secure dowel to wood base||1||$1|
|Drill||Power tool to drill hole in wood base||1||Owned or Borrowed|
|Paint or Stain (optional)||Customize holder color or finish||1||$1-2|
Five Interesting Facts about DIY Dollar Tree Paper Towel Holder
Why A Diy Paper Towel Holder Matters:
Dollar tree paper towel holder diy: why a diy paper towel holder matters
Are you tired of rummaging through your kitchen drawers to find your paper towel holder every time you need it? Or, are you fed up with the clutter on your countertops?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then it’s time to create a diy paper towel holder for your kitchen.
Not only is it a more cost-effective way to keep things organized, but it also provides a unique opportunity to get creative.
Counting The Reasons For Diy Paper Towel Holder:
Making your own paper towel holder at home comes with a plethora of benefits.
Here are some reasons why you must give this diy project a try:
- It is an excellent way to declutter countertop space and keep kitchen essentials well-organized.
- The diy holder is customizable and can be tailored to fit your kitchen’s overall aesthetics.
- It is an economical approach to organizing, as you can create a holder using items that you already have at home.
A Cost-Effective Approach To Organizing:
A diy paper towel holder is a cost-effective solution, especially when you compare it to store-bought options.
Here are some examples of how a diy holder is more affordable:
- Diy paper towel holders are often made using items that can be found around the house, eliminating the need to buy additional materials.
- With pre-made options, you are limited to the designs and colors available in the market. However, with a diy holder, you can personalize the look based on your preferences.
The Opportunity To Get Creative:
Creating a diy paper towel holder is a fantastic way to get creative and add a personal touch to your kitchen decor.
Here are some ways to incorporate creativity:
- Use different materials to create the holder, such as wood, metal, or even repurposed objects.
- Experiment with various colors and patterns to give your holder a unique look.
- Personalize the holder by adding a monogram or other design element.
Undeniable Satisfaction From Crafting Something Unique:
Crafting something with your own hands is incredibly satisfying, and that’s precisely what you’ll get from making a diy paper towel holder.
Here is why:
- Making a diy holder allows you to put your skills to the test while creating something usable at the same time.
- Achieving a one-of-a-kind look provides a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
A diy paper towel holder is a fun and economical diy project that can add a special touch to your kitchen decor. With a little creativity, you can make a holder that is functional, unique, and perfectly tailored to your space.
Materials You Need:
Are you tired of your paper towels being disorganized or falling over and unraveling? Look no further than this diy dollar tree paper towel holder project! Here’s everything you need to get started:
A Complete List Of Materials Needed To Make The Diy Paper Towel Holder From Dollar Tree:
- Wooden candlestick
- Wooden plaque
- Wood glue
- White paint
- E6000 glue
- Drawer knob
- Paper towel holder rod
You can find these materials at your local dollar tree store or craft store.
To make the paper towel holder, start by painting the wooden candlestick, plaque, and finial with white paint. Once dry, sand the edges to give it a more rustic look.
Next, use wood glue to attach the candlestick to the plaque, creating a base for your paper towel holder. Allow it to dry completely before moving on.
Using e6000 glue, attach the finial to the top of the candlestick and the drawer knob to the center of the plaque. Both of these will be used to hold the paper towel rod in place.
Finally, insert the paper towel holder rod, and your diy project is complete! This project is simple, affordable, and adds a touch of charm to any kitchen.
Steps To Create A Paper Towel Holder:
Dollar Tree Paper Towel Holder Diy: Steps To Create A Paper Towel Holder
Are you tired of purchasing paper towel holders that just don’t fit with your kitchen’s aesthetic? Look no further, as we have the perfect solution for you!
With just a few items from dollar tree, you can make a paper towel holder that not only fits your style but is budget-friendly too.
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Make The Paper Towel Holder:
- Gather the materials: You will need a wooden trivet, a wooden dowel, and a spray paint of your choice.
- Mark the measurements: Measure the dowel and trivet to ensure the dowel is at the center of the trivet. Mark the center of both items with a pencil.
- Create a hole for the dowel: Use a drill bit narrower than the dowel to drill a hole through the center of the trivet. Ensure that the depth of the hole is at least 1/4 inch shorter than the length of the dowel.
- Cut the dowel: Using a saw, cut the dowel to size. The length of the dowel should be the width of the trivet plus 2 inches.
- Insert the dowel: Insert the dowel into the hole and glue it in place.
- Paint the holder: Spray paint the wood with the color of your choice. Be sure to let it dry for at least 24 hours before using.
Expert Tips To Keep Things Smooth:
- Use sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges on the trivet and dowel before beginning.
- To make drilling the hole easier, place a piece of tape over the area you need to drill before marking it.
- When spray painting, use thin and even coats to avoid dripping and ensure complete coverage.
The Best Method To Get Precise Measurements:
- Use a ruler or measuring tape to measure the length and width of the trivet before marking where to drill the hole.
- When cutting the dowel, measure twice to ensure you cut it to the correct length.
Illustrative Pictures To Make The Process Easier:
- To make the process even more accessible, refer to the following image on our website for a visual representation of each step.
Remember to get creative with the paint and trivet design to make a unique and personalized paper towel holder.
Further Decorations And Enhancements:
Ideas To Make Your Paper Towel Holder Stand Out
A paper towel holder is an essential item to have in any kitchen. But why settle for a plain and boring holder when you can easily make it stand out with a few creative ideas?
Here are some simple yet effective ideas to elevate your dollar tree paper towel holder diy project:
- Decorative knobs: Add some character to your paper towel holder by replacing the top screw with a decorative knob or handle. Choose a knob that blends well with the overall theme of your kitchen for a cohesive look.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint can do wonders in revamping the look of your paper towel holder. Use spray paint or acrylic paint in your favorite color to give it a new lease of life.
- Embellishments: Add some interest to your holder by hot-gluing embellishments such as fabric flowers, beads, or faux gems. It’s a great way to personalize your holder and make it one-of-a-kind.
- Personalized label: Create a label or stencil of your family name or favorite quote, then transfer it onto the holder using vinyl or paint. This adds a unique touch to your diy project and makes it more meaningful.
Different Design Options For Various Interiors
Not all kitchens look the same, so it makes sense to choose a paper towel holder that complements the interior of your kitchen.
Here are some design options to consider:
- Rustic design: For a rustic or farmhouse-style kitchen, opt for a wooden paper towel holder. The natural wood and earthy tones will add warmth and coziness to your countertop.
- Minimalist design: A simple and sleek stainless steel or black metal holder is perfect for a modern kitchen. It blends well with any color scheme and gives a clean and polished look.
- Retro design: Go for a vintage-inspired design with a bright and bold color or patterned paper towel holder. It’s great for adding some playful retro charm to your kitchen
- Natural design: If you have a lot of natural elements in your kitchen, such as plants or wooden utensils, go for a holder made from a material like bamboo or rattan. It will blend seamlessly with your natural design and create a calming atmosphere.
The Best Color Combination To Make Your Holder Pop
Choosing the right color combination is key to make your paper towel holder pop on your countertop.
Here are some suggestions to guide you:
- Complimentary colors: Choose colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel. For instance, if your kitchen’s color scheme has shades of blue, choose a paper towel holder in orange or red to create a bold contrast.
- Analogous colors: Pick colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. If your kitchen has accents of green, choose a paper towel holder in yellow or blue to create a harmonious look.
- Monochromatic colors: Stick to one color but vary the shades. For example, if your kitchen has a lot of white, choose a paper towel holder in different shades of gray or beige to create a subtle yet sophisticated look.
With these decoration ideas, design options and color combinations, your paper towel holder will no longer be just functional, but also an attractive element in your kitchen. Let your creativity shine and make your diy project stand out!
FAQ On DIY Dollar Tree Paper Towel Holder
What Materials Do I Need For This Project?
To make a dollar tree paper towel holder, you need a candlestick, a wooden dowel, and a round base. You’ll also need some e6000 glue and paint.
Can I Use Different Colors For My Paper Towel Holder?
Yes, feel free to personalize your diy paper towel holder. You can use any color of spray paint or acrylic paint that you like.
What Size Of Paper Towel Rolls Can The Holder Hold?
Our dollar tree paper towel holder can hold standard-sized paper towel rolls, which are around 11 inches in height and 6 inches in diameter.
How Much Does It Cost To Make This Paper Towel Holder?
This diy paper towel holder is very affordable to make. You can find all the materials you need at your local dollar tree store, and the total cost should be less than $5.
After following these simple steps, you can now proudly show off your new diy dollar tree paper towel holder. Not only have you saved money by creating your own home decor, but you have also given a personalized touch to your space.
This project is not only cost-efficient but also a fun and creative activity for you to share with family and friends. Moreover, by using your own creativity, you have the freedom to customize the holder to your liking.
With a few items found at your local dollar tree store, you can transform an everyday item into a stylish and functional piece that will bring a smile to your face every time you use it.
So go ahead and grab your supplies, let your imagination run wild and create a unique paper towel holder that will add charm to any kitchen. Happy crafting!