Create fun and engaging Elf on the Shelf scenes using a paper towel roll to keep your children entertained during the holiday season.
Elf on the Shelf is a tradition that has captured the hearts of families during the festive season. It involves a small elf doll that “magically” moves throughout the house each night and is found by the children every morning.
Parents come up with creative and sometimes mischievous scenes for the elf to add excitement and wonder for their kids. Using a paper towel roll is a resourceful and inexpensive way to create new scenarios for the elf.
Paper towel roll rocket ship: Create a rocket ship by attaching paper cones and fins to a decorated paper towel roll. Place your Elf on the Shelf inside, ready for blast-off! This scene promotes imagination and adds excitement for children discovering the elf in the morning.
Elf slide using paper towel roll: Turn your paper towel roll into a slide for your elf by cutting it lengthwise, then tape the ends together for a longer slide. Set up the scene with your Elf on the Shelf sliding down from a high point like a shelf or countertop.
Elf hide and seek with paper towel roll: Cut the paper towel roll into different lengths and hide your Elf on the Shelf inside one of them. Scatter the various pieces around the house to create an entertaining hide and seek game for your children to find their elf in the morning.
Elf superhero with paper towel roll cape: Create a superhero cape for your Elf on the Shelf by
10 Elf on the Shelf Ideas with Paper Towel Roll
|No.||Idea||Materials Needed||Difficulty Level|
|1||Elf Slide||Paper towel roll, tape, scissors||Easy|
|2||Paper Towel Roll Telescope||Paper towel roll, paint, glue, ribbon||Easy|
|3||Elf Bowling Alley||Paper towel roll, small objects, Elf toy||Easy|
|4||Elf Cave||Paper towel roll, paint, cardboard||Easy|
|5||Hanging Elf Hideout||Paper towel roll, string, paint, Elf toy||Medium|
|6||Elf Train||Paper towel roll, construction paper, glue, markers||Medium|
|7||Paper Towel Roll Christmas Tree||Paper towel roll, green paint, small decorations, glue||Medium|
|8||Elf Rocket Ship||Paper towel roll, construction paper, tape, markers||Medium|
|9||Tabletop Elf Ski Jump||Paper towel roll, tape, construction paper, markers||Medium|
|10||Paper Towel Roll Advent Calendar||Paper towel roll, small boxes, glue, markers, small treats||Medium|
Five Facts About Elf on the Shelf Ideas with Paper Towel Roll
Ideas That Spell Creations
Elf On The Shelf Christmas Tree With Paper Towel Roll
Make your elf on the shelf come to life with these creative ideas that spell creations.
Follow these steps to create an adorable christmas tree that your kids will love:
- Start by painting the paper towel roll green to make it look like a tree trunk.
- Cut thin strips of green paper and glue them onto the tube to form the branches of the tree.
- Add mini ornaments to the tree by attaching small beads or decorations onto the branches with glue.
- Top off the tree with a tiny star or angel made from construction paper.
- Place your paper towel roll tree on a shelf or tabletop and pose your elf on the shelf nearby to complete the scene.
Paper Towel Roll Elf On The Shelf Bed
Your elf on the shelf needs a cozy place to rest at night.
Follow these easy steps to create a bed for your elf using a paper towel roll:
- Cut the paper towel roll to the desired length for the bed.
- Cover the roll with a sheet of felt or cloth to create a soft and comfortable base.
- Add some tiny pillows and a miniature blanket made of fabric or construction paper.
- Place the bed on a shelf or in a small box, and position your elf on the shelf so that it appears to be sound asleep.
Paper Towel Roll Elf On The Shelf Train
Choo-choo! Your elf on the shelf is ready to ride the rails with this fun train made from a paper towel roll.
Here’s how to create your own:
- Cut a paper towel roll into three sections for the train cars.
- Paint each section a different color and let dry.
- Use markers or paint to add wheels, windows, and other details to each car.
- Stack the cars together and use glue or tape to hold them in place.
- Add small items, such as miniature toys or candies, to each car for the elf on the shelf to deliver.
Paper Towel Roll Elf On The Shelf Camera
Capture all the christmas memories with an elf on the shelf camera made from a paper towel roll.
Follow these steps to make your own:
- Paint the paper towel roll black to resemble a camera body.
- Cut a circle out of cardboard or construction paper to create the camera lens.
- Attach the lens to the front of the camera with glue or tape.
- Add some buttons or knobs using markers or paint to make the camera look authentic.
- Pose your elf on the shelf with the camera, and you’ll be ready to start snapping some cute photos!
Paper Towel Roll Elf On The Shelf Telescope
Your elf on the shelf will love exploring the north pole with this fun telescope made from a paper towel roll.
Follow these steps to create your own:
- Paint the paper towel roll black or gray to resemble the telescope body.
- Cut out a small circle and glue it to one end of the roll to create the lens.
- Add some details, such as knobs or dials, using markers or paint to make the telescope look more authentic.
- Place the telescope on a shelf or tabletop and pose your elf on the shelf nearby as if it is surveying the landscape.
With these creative ideas, your elf on the shelf is sure to be a hit with your kids this christmas. Try them out and see for yourself!
Tips For Enhancing Elf On The Shelf Ideas With Paper Towel Roll
Elf On The Shelf Ideas With Paper Towel Roll
Elf on the shelf is a beloved holiday tradition that has been around for years. It’s a fun way to keep the magic of christmas alive for kids.
If you’re a fan of elf on the shelf, you’re probably always looking for new and creative ideas to make the experience even more special. One way to do this is to use paper towel rolls to create props for your elf.
Adding Paint And Glitter To Bring Out The Colors
Using paint and glitter is an excellent way to enhance the colors in your paper towel roll props.
Here are some key points to keep in mind when using paint and glitter:
- Use acrylic paint to cover the paper towel rolls. This type of paint will stick better and dry faster.
- To add an extra sparkle, apply glitter while the paint is still wet. You can use any color glitter you like to match your elf’s outfit or the theme of your decoration.
- Use a paintbrush to apply the paint and a sprinkle bottle to apply the glitter. This allows you to get creative with your designs.
Making Use Of Small Scraps To Decorate The Props
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on decorations for your elf’s props. You can make use of small scraps you probably already have around the house.
Here are some key points to keep in mind when decorating with scraps:
- Use scraps of different colors to create a fun and colorful effect.
- Use a glue gun to attach the scraps to the paper towel roll. This will make sure they stick properly and don’t fall off.
- You can use any scraps you have available, such as ribbon, buttons, or sequins.
Creating A Storyline With The Elf And Incorporating The Idea Into The Christmas Decoration
To make your elf on the shelf experience even more special, you can create a storyline for your elf and incorporate it into your christmas decoration.
Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Think of a theme you want to create with your elf. For example, you can create a storyline where your elf is an astronaut, and the props you create are a space shuttle and planet.
- To make the scene more interactive, place your elf in different poses throughout the day to make it seem like he’s really living in the scene you’ve created.
- You can also incorporate your elf into other christmas decorations in your home to make it seem like he’s part of the family.
Making Different Structures Like A Treehouse, Castle, Or Rocket
One great way to use paper towel rolls is to create different structures like a treehouse, castle, or rocket.
Here are some key points to keep in mind when creating these structures:
- Use a ruler to measure and mark the paper towel roll before you start cutting it. This will help ensure you have straight edges.
- Use scissors to cut out any windows or doors in the structure.
- Use tape or glue to attach the paper towel rolls together to create a more significant structure.
Using paper towel rolls to create props for your elf on the shelf is an enjoyable and creative way to spice up your holiday decor.
With these tips for enhancing elf on the shelf ideas with paper towel rolls: adding paint and glitter, using small scraps, creating a storyline with the elf, and making different structures, you’ll have plenty of new ideas to try out this holiday season.
FAQ For Elf On The Shelf Ideas With Paper Towel Roll
What Are Some Elf On The Shelf Ideas With Paper Towel Rolls?
Some elf on the shelf ideas with paper towel rolls include making telescopes, christmas light garlands, and elf binoculars.
How Do I Make A Telescope With A Paper Towel Roll For My Elf On The Shelf?
To make a telescope with a paper towel roll for your elf on the shelf, paint the roll black, add a circle cut-out for the lens at one end and add silver duct tape to the other end as the telescope’s eyepiece.
What Are Some Other Materials I Can Use To Create Elf On The Shelf Accessories?
Other materials that can be used to create elf on the shelf accessories include popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, and felt.
Where Can I Find More Elf On The Shelf Ideas And Inspiration?
You can find more elf on the shelf ideas and inspiration on social media sites such as pinterest and instagram, as well as blogs and websites dedicated to the topic.
Now you have an array of creative and fun elf on the shelf ideas using a paper towel roll. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bringing joy and laughter into your home during the holiday season. Get inspired and come up with your own unique ideas that will make your kids giggle with excitement every morning.
Remember to always take into consideration your children’s ages and interests, and involve them in the planning and execution of the elf’s adventures. Also, don’t be afraid to mix and match different materials and household items to create a magical and whimsical world for your elf on the shelf.
Spread the holiday cheer and create lasting memories with your loved ones with these memorable elf on the shelf ideas using paper towel rolls.