If you have some old towels that you’re looking to get rid of, why not upcycle them into something new and useful? A beach robe made from towels is the perfect solution! Not only will it keep you warm and dry after a dip in the ocean, but it’s also super easy to make.
- Choose two large, fluffy towels in coordinating colors or patterns
- Place the towels wrong sides together and align all the edges
- Sew along three sides of the towels with a sewing machine, leaving one short side open
- Trim any excess thread and turn the robe right side out through the opening
- Slip your arms through the armholes and enjoy your new beach robe!
How Do You Make Kids Beach Robes Out of Towels?
Assuming you would like a tutorial on how to make a beach robe for kids out of towels:
You will need:
-2 bath towels
-1 hand towel -scissors -a sewing machine and thread or a needle and thread
-fabric tape measure First, lay one of the bath towels horizontally in front of you. Fold down the top corner towards the center of the towel until it reaches about halfway down the towel.
Do the same with the other top corner. Next, take the bottom corner of the towel and fold it up towards the center until it meets about halfway up the towel. Again, do this with the other bottom corner as well.
At this point, you should have what looks like a long rectangle folded in half lengthwise. Then, take your hand towel and fold it in half lengthwise so that it is now a long rectangle as well. Place this hand towel horizontally on top of one side of your bath towel rectangle so that there is about an inch or two of overlap.
Sew or tape these two layers together along this edge. Now do the same thing with the other side of your hand towel and remaining side of your bath towel rectangle— again making sure to leave an inch or two of overlap before sewing or taping these layers together. At this point, you should have one big tube made out of all four towels.
To finish creating your robe, simply cut a hole in each end near where all four corners meet for arms/head to go through easily later on!
How Do You Make a Swim Towel?
Assuming you would like a tutorial on how to make a swim towel:
You will need:
-1 yard of cotton terry fabric (you can find this at most fabric stores)
-Scissors -Thread -A sewing machine
Instructions: 1. Cut your fabric in half so that you have two equal pieces. These will be the front and back of your towel.
2. Hem all four sides of each piece of fabric using a sewing machine or by hand. To do this, simply fold over the edge of the fabric about ½ an inch and sew it down. This will create a clean, finished edge on your towel.
3. Now it’s time to put the two pieces together! Place the wrong sides of the fabric together (so that the pretty, finished sides are facing out) and sew along all four sides, leaving about a 6” opening along one side. This is where you will turn your towel right side out once it’s been sewn together.
4. Once you’ve turned your towel right side out through the opening you left, use a sharp pair of scissors to trim any excess thread from around the edges. You can also use this opportunity to snip off any loose threads inside the towel itself. 5 .
Finally, sew up that 6” opening closed and voila!
How Do You Make a Surf Towel?
If you’re new to surfing, you may be wondering how to make a surf towel. Surf towels are specially designed to absorb water and help keep you warm when you’re out of the water. Here’s how to make your own surf towel:
1. Choose a heavy-duty fabric. Surf towels are usually made from cotton or microfiber. Avoid lightweight fabrics like terrycloth, which won’t do a good job of absorbing water.
2. Cut the fabric to size. Surf towels are typically about 30″ x 60″. 3. Hem the edges of the towel.
This will help prevent fraying and ensure that your towel lasts for years to come. 4. Add embellishments, if desired. Some people like to add embroidery or other decorative touches to their surf towels.
This is entirely optional!
How Do I Make a Towel Hoodie?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to make a towel hoodie:
1. Gather your supplies. You will need a bath towel, scissors, and a sewing machine.
If you do not have access to a sewing machine, you can hand sew the hoodie using needle and thread. 2. Cut the towel in half lengthwise. Then, cut each half of the towel in half again widthwise so that you have four equal pieces.
3. Sew two of the pieces together along the long side with right sides facing each other using a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Repeat for the remaining two pieces of fabric so that you have two tubes of fabric sewn together end-to-end. 4. Try the tube on for size and mark where you would like the arm holes to be cut.
Remove the tube from your body and cut armholes at the marks using scissors or a rotary cutter and cutting mat if you have one available. Be sure to leave enough fabric at the bottom of each armhole so that it can be sewn shut later on. 5 Hem all four edges of each armhole by folding over 1/2 inch of fabric and pressing with an iron before sewing close to the edge with a straight stitch on your sewing machine or by hand stitching using small whip stitches.
. 6 To create the hood, fold one end of one tube over about 6 inches and pin in place making sure that wrong sides are facing each other . Sew along this pinned edge using a 1/2 inch seam allowance then trim any excess thread.
. This will now be one long piece with a loop at one end – this is your hood! Slip this loop over your head (right side out) until it rests comfortably around your neckline thenPin in place at both sides.
. 7 Now it’s time to join both tubes together! With right sides facing each other, pin Hoodie Tube #1 to Hoodie Tube #2 along their raw edges matching up side seams then sew these two layers together usinga 1/2 inch seam allowance all around.. Trim away any excess thread then turn right side out through one ofthe openings created by cuttingthe arm holes earlier.. Press flat with an iron then tryon for fit adjusting as necessary.. Finally topstitch around entire garment 1/8thof an inch from raw edgesfor added durabilityand professional looking finishings touch!.
Beach Towel Changing Poncho- DIY
How to Make a Towel Poncho for Adults
Assuming you would like a blog post discussing how to make a towel poncho for adults:
When the weather starts to cool down and the leaves begin to change color, that can only mean one thing- fall is on its way! As the temperatures start to dip, we all begin to search for ways to stay warm while still being able to enjoy the outdoors.
A great way to do this is by wearing a poncho made out of a towel! Not only will it keep you cozy, but it’s also a quick and easy project that anyone can do. Here’s what you need:
-1 large bath towel -Scissors -Sewing machine (optional)
Instructions: 1. Start by folding your towel in half lengthwise. If your towel is not long enough, you can sew two towels together before moving on to the next step.
2. Cut a hole in the center of the folded towel for your head to go through. The hole should be about 10 inches wide. 3. hem the edges of the hole if desired or leave them as is for a more raw look.
If you are using a sewing machine, simply sew around the entire circumference of the hole 1/4 inch from the edge. If you don’t have access to a sewing machine or don’t know how to use one, no worries!
How to Make a Child’S Robe from a Towel
Making a child’s robe from a towel is easy, and it only takes a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start with a clean, dry towel.
Fold the towel lengthwise in half. 2. Place the folded towel on your child’s back, with the fold at the neckline. Have your child hold the top corners of the towel in place.
3. Wrap one side of the towel around your child’s body, tucking it under the arm on that side. Then wrap the other side of the towel around, overlapping the first side by about six inches. Tie the two top corners of the towel together in a knot or bow.
Trim any excess fabric from the ends of the ties.
Cannon Towel Robe Pattern
Whether you’re looking for a cozy robe to keep you warm on cool mornings or a stylish cover-up for after a relaxing bath, the Cannon Towel Robe is the perfect solution! This easy-to-sew pattern features a simple silhouette with two patch pockets and an optional belt. The best part?
It’s made entirely from repurposed towels! This project is perfect for anyone who loves upcycling and sewing. Simply gather a few old towels (or purchase some new ones), and you’ll be ready to get started.
The resulting robe is soft, absorbent, and oh-so cozy. It also makes a great gift! If you’re new to sewing, don’t worry – this pattern is very straightforward.
Even if you’ve never sewn anything before, you should be able to successfully complete this project. And if you get stuck, there are plenty of online tutorials and resources that can help. So what are you waiting for?
Get started on your own Cannon Towel Robe today!
Make Your Own Dryrobe
Assuming you would like a blog post discussing how to make your own Dryrobe:
Dryrobe is a company that specializes in making outerwear that allows you to change out of wet clothes without ever having to step outside. The original Dryrobe was created for surfers, but has since been adapted for activities like skiing, fishing, hunting, and more.
While the company does offer a variety of different models and styles on their website, it’s also possible to make your own Dryrobe with some basic sewing skills. Here’s how: First, you’ll need to find a pattern or tutorial online.
There are plenty of options available with a simple search. Once you’ve found one you like, gather the supplies listed in the instructions. This will likely include fabric, Velcro, cord locks, and thread.
Next, cut out the pattern pieces from your fabric according to the instructions. Then sew them together following the steps in the pattern or tutorial. If everything goes according to plan, you should now have your very own DIY Dryrobe!
Looking to make a cozy beach robe but don’t want to spend a lot of money? You can easily make one at home using some old towels! This tutorial will show you how to transform those worn-out towels into a stylish and comfortable beach robe.
First, measure the length of your body from shoulder to ankle and add 2 inches. Cut two rectangular pieces of fabric from your towel according to this measurement. Then, sew the two pieces together along the long sides, leaving about 3 inches unsewn at the top for an opening.
Next, fold over the top edge about 1 inch and sew it down, creating a casing for a drawstring. Thread a length of cord or ribbon through the casing and tie it off. Finally, hem the bottom edge of your robe and you’re all done!