A beach towel dress is a great way to stay cool and stylish at the same time. They are easy to make and only require a few materials. All you need is a beach towel, some scissors, and some string or ribbon.
First, fold the towel in half lengthwise. Then, cut two slits in the top of the towel about 6 inches apart. Next, tie a string or ribbon around each slit.
Make sure the string or ribbon is long enough to go over your head and tie in the back. Now you have a cute new dress to wear on your next trip to the beach!
- Find a beach towel that you like and that will fit you
- Fold the towel in half lengthwise
- Tie the two ends of the towel together to form a dress shape
- Put the dress on and enjoy your day at the beach!
How Do I Make a Towel Dress?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to make a towel dress:
You will need:
-a beach towel
-scissors -safety pins or sewing supplies (optional) Instructions:
1. Fold the towel in half lengthwise. If the towel is not long enough, you may need to sew two towels together. You can do this by simply overlapping the two towels and stitching them together along the side seam.
Or, if you are using safety pins, line up the edges of the towels and pin them together. This method may be less secure than sewing, but it will work in a pinch. Just make sure that your safety pins are strong enough to hold the fabric together while you’re wearing it!
2. Once the towel is folded in half (or two towels are sewn together), cut a hole in the center of the fabric for your head to go through. The hole should be big enough so that it doesn’t feel too constricting when you put the dress on, but not so large that your entire torso is exposed! If you’re unsure about how big to make the hole, start with a small opening and then cut it larger if necessary.
3. Put the dress on over your head and adjust it as necessary so that it fits snugly around your body without being too tight. You may need to experiment with different ways of tying or wrapping the fabric to get a good fit – try draping one side over your shoulder and securing it with a safety pin, or tying a knot at one side of the waistline to cinch in excess fabric. If you’re using two towels, you can also try criss-crossing them at the back and tying them in place for extra support (just make sure that they’re not too tight!).
Once you’ve got a good fit, trim off any excess fabric from around the edges of the dress – remember, we want this to look like an intentional fashion statement and not like you just wrapped yourself up in a beach towel! 4. And there you have it – your very own DIY towel dress!
How Do You Make a Bathing Suit Cover Out of a Towel?
A bathing suit cover is a great way to keep your swimsuit from getting damaged or dirty when you’re not wearing it. You can make a bathing suit cover out of any type of towel, but terry cloth towels are the best type to use because they’re absorbent and will dry quickly. Here’s how to make a bathing suit cover out of a terry cloth towel:
1. Cut the towel in half lengthwise. Then, fold one half over so that the long edges meet in the middle. Sew the two long edges together with a sewing machine or by hand using a needle and thread.
2. Next, take the other half of the towel and fold it in half widthwise. Sew the two short edges together to create a tube. 3. Slip the tube you just created over one end of the sewn rectangle, lining up the raw edges.
Sew the two pieces together along both sides and across the bottom, leaving an opening at one end for your bathing suit to slip through.
How Do You Make a Beach Wrap Dress?
Assuming you would like a tutorial on how to make a beach wrap dress:
You will need:
-1 1/2 yards of lightweight fabric (we used rayon challis)
-Matching thread -Scissors -Pins
-Tape measure or ruler -Iron and ironing board Instructions:
1. Cut a rectangle of fabric. Ours was 45″ wide by 36″ long. If you want your dress to be longer or shorter, adjust the length accordingly.
Fold the fabric in half lengthwise with wrong sides together and press.
Continue making marks every 2″ until you reach the end of the fabric strip. You should have 10 marks total. 3. Pin along both long sides of the rectangle and sew using a 1/2″ seam allowance, leaving an opening about 4″ wide along one side for turning later on.
Press seams open with an iron if desired.
How Do You Make a Terry Cloth Beach Cover Up?
Assuming you would like a tutorial on how to make a terry cloth beach cover up:
You will need the following materials:
-1 yard of 44”-45” wide terry fabric
-Coordinating thread -Scissors -Pins
-Ruler or measuring tape -Sewing machine Instructions:
1. Cut two rectangles out of the fabric, each measuring 22”x44”. These will be the front and back panels of your cover up. 2. Hem all four sides of each rectangle by folding over ½” of fabric and sewing with a coordinating thread.
You can either do this by hand or with a sewing machine set to a straight stitch. 3. To create the sleeves, first fold each rectangle in half widthwise so that the hemmed edges meet in the middle. Pin along both side seams, making sure to leave an opening at the top for your head and arms to fit through later on.
Sew these seams with a straight stitch as well. 4. Try on your cover up to check for fit and mark where you would like the waist tie to go on each side seam with pins or chalk. Remove cover up and sew two small loops of fabric onto these marked spots (these will be used to thread your waist tie through later).
Make sure that these loops are large enough so that your tie can easily slip through but not so large that they are gaping holes in your otherwise finished garment! 5 . Fold under ½” at the top edge of each sleeve opening and pin in place. Sew around entire circumference of sleeve openings, using either a straight stitch or gathered stitch depending on how fitted you want your sleeves to be. Be sure to backstitch at beginning and end of seam for reinforcement . 6 . To finish, cut two lengths of coordinating ribbon or string for use as ties at the waistline . Thread one through each loop created earlier , knotting at ends if desired . Your new cover up is now ready to wear !
DIY swimsuit coverup from old towels — Upcycled Clothing Tutorial
Towel Dress Cover Up
A towel dress cover up is the perfect way to keep your swimsuit or bikini covered up when you’re not in the water. They’re also great for drying off after a swim. Towel dress cover ups come in a variety of styles, including sarongs, wraps, and tunics.
Some even have built-in cups for extra support and coverage. When choosing a towel dress cover up, look for one that’s made from quick-drying material like cotton or microfiber. This will help you avoid having to lug around a wet, heavy towel all day long.
If you plan on wearing your cover up over your swimsuit, be sure to choose one that’s a few inches longer than your suit so it doesn’t ride up when you move around. Towel dress cover ups are a must-have for any woman who loves spending time at the beach or pool. With so many styles to choose from, there’s sure to be one that suits your taste and needs.
Towel Cover Up Girl
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of sand between your toes and the sun on your skin. But when it’s time to take a break from basking in the rays, you don’t want to ruin your perfect tan. That’s where the towel cover up girl comes in!
A towel cover up girl is exactly what it sounds like – a woman who covers herself up with a towel when she’s not actively sunbathing. This helps to preserve her tan and prevent any unwanted exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays. Towel cover ups are typically made from lightweight, quick-drying fabric that can be easily thrown over your swimsuit.
They come in a variety of styles, so you can find one that fits your personal taste. And best of all, they provide essential coverage so you can feel confident and comfortable while enjoying some much-needed R&R.
Towel Cover Up Boy
A towel cover up boy is a type of swimwear that covers the body from the waist down. It is typically made from a lightweight material such as Lycra or polyester, and it comes in a variety of colors and patterns. The most popular style of towel cover up boy is the tankini, which offers more coverage than a bikini.
Other styles include the one-piece, two-piece, and three-piece. Towel cover ups are ideal for wearing over a bathing suit when you want to avoid getting your clothes wet. They can also be worn as casual clothing on hot days when you don’t want to bare too much skin.
Towel cover ups are available in sizes for both men and women, so there’s sure to be one that fits you well.
How to Make a Towel Poncho for Adults
A towel poncho is a great way to stay warm and dry after a shower, especially if you don’t have a robe handy. They’re easy to make, too – all you need is a large towel and some sewing supplies. Here’s how to make your own towel poncho:
1. Fold the towel in half lengthwise. Then, fold it in half again so that it’s only as wide as your shoulders. 2. Sew the two long sides of the towel together, leaving about 6 inches unsewn at the top for your head to fit through.
3. Finish the edges of the holes for your head and arms by either sewing on some bias tape or folding them under and stitching them down. 4. Put on your new poncho and enjoy!
Looking for a summertime fashion project that won’t break the bank? Why not try making your own beach towel dress! This easy DIY will only take a few minutes, and you can rock it at your next pool party or trip to the beach.
To make your own beach towel dress, start by finding a large, fluffy beach towel. You’ll also need a pair of scissors and some fabric tape or safety pins. Fold the towel in half lengthwise, then use the scissors to cut a hole in the center of the fold for your head to fit through.
Next, cut two arm holes on either side of the dress. If you’re using fabric tape or safety pins, use them to secure the raw edges of the arm holes so they don’t fray. Finally, put on your new dress and enjoy!