To make a paper towel holder with a hanger, you will need a wire hanger, a pair of pliers, and a touch of creativity.
First, untwist the top of the hanger to straighten it out.
Next, bend the hanger into the shape you desire for your paper towel holder, ensuring one side has a ‘hook’ to easily slide the paper towels on and off.
Lastly, retwist the top of the hanger to secure it in place.
Creating a paper towel holder from a hanger is a simple DIY project that can save you money and also allow you to create a product that caters to your specific needs.
It can be an easy and fun project that will not require any special skills or tools beyond a simple wire hanger and a pair of pliers.
Making a paper towel holder with a hanger is a clever way to recycle old materials and add a personal touch to your kitchen.
It’s cost-effective and requires minimal skill, perfect for a quick DIY project. This project is also a fun way to engage in sustainable practices, turning a simple hanger into a useful household item.
5 Steps to Make a Paper Towel Holder with a Hanger
|1||Wire Hanger||Choose a sturdy wire hanger with a good form.|
|2||Pliers||Use pliers to straighten the hanger while keeping the hooked end intact.|
|3||Paper Towel Roll||Slide the roll onto the straightened hanger.|
|4||Pliers||Bend the straight end of the hanger upwards to prevent the towel roll from slipping off.|
|5||None||Hook the hanger onto a convenient location in your kitchen or bathroom.|
Five Facts About Making a Paper Towel Holder with a Hanger
Step 1: Preparation
Gather And Clean Materials
Before starting the project, make sure to gather all the necessary materials.
You will need the following:
- A wire hanger
- A roll of paper towels
- A pair of pliers
- A ruler
- A marker or pen
Once you have all the materials, clean the wire hanger with soap and water and dry it off. This will remove any dirt and grime that may have accumulated on it.
Choose A Location In The Kitchen To Mount The Paper Towel Holder
The next step is to decide where in the kitchen you want to mount the paper towel holder.
Keep in mind the following:
- The location should be easily accessible for when you need to use the paper towels.
- Make sure the location is not near any flames or heat sources such as stovetops or toasters.
- The area should be spacious enough to accommodate the paper towel holder.
Once you have selected a location, use the marker or pen to indicate where you want to attach the paper towel holder. With these steps completed, you are now ready to move on to the next step of the project.
By preparing and selecting a location, you have helped ensure a smooth and efficient process for making a paper towel holder with a hanger.
Step 2: Prepping The Hanger
Select A Suitable Hanger For The Project
When selecting a hanger for this project, it’s important to choose one that is sturdy and strong enough to hold a paper towel roll.
Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Select a hanger made of metal wire material, preferably with a thicker gauge to hold the weight of the paper towels.
- Avoid using plastic hangers, as they may not be strong enough to hold a full roll of paper towels.
- Choose a hanger with a hook that can easily be hung over a cabinet or drawer handle.
Cut And Mold The Hanger To Create The Paper Towel Holder’S Inner Core
To create the inner core of the paper towel holder, follow these steps:
- Using pliers, remove the hook from the hanger.
- Cut the hanger in half with wire cutters.
- Take one half of the hanger and use pliers to mold it into a circular shape. This will serve as the base of the paper towel holder.
- Take the other half of the hanger and bend it into a u-shape. This will be used as a support for the paper towel holder.
Shape The Wire So It Will Fit Your Paper Towels
To ensure the wire fits your paper towels, follow these steps:
- Measure the width of your paper towel roll.
- Using pliers, bend the u-shaped wire to match the width of your paper towel roll.
- Once the wire fits your paper towels, attach it to the circular base using pliers.
- Make sure to adjust the wire as needed to ensure a secure fit for your paper towel roll.
- Hang the completed paper towel holder on a cabinet or drawer handle for easy access.
By following these simple steps, you can create your own paper towel holder using just a hanger and some basic tools.
This diy project is budget-friendly, easy to make, and provides a great solution for organizing your kitchen.
Step 3: Creating The Base
It’s time to move on to the next step in creating your paper towel holder with a hanger.
You’ve already gotten the necessary supplies and attached the hanger to the block of wood. Now, it’s time to fashion the wooden block to serve as the base of the paper towel holder.
Let’s get started!
Fashion A Wooden Block To Serve As The Base Of The Paper Towel Holder
When it comes to creating the base of your paper towel holder, you will need to follow these steps:
- Choose a suitable block of wood that can support the weight of the paper towel roll. Cedar or oak are good options.
- Cut the wooden block to size using a saw. Make sure it will fit comfortably on your counter without taking up too much space.
- Sand down the edges of the block with sandpaper to achieve a smooth finish.
- Finish the wood with a shellac or lacquer to protect it from moisture and give it a shiny look.
Cut The Block To Size And Sand Down Its Edges For A Smooth Finish
Before attaching the hanger, it’s important to ensure that the wooden block is the right size and has a smooth finish.
Follow these steps to achieve this:
- Use a saw to carefully cut the wood to size.
- Measure the length and width of the paper towel roll to determine the appropriate size for the block of wood.
- Sand the edges of the block with sandpaper to remove any roughness or splinters.
- Finish the sanding process by using a finer grit of sandpaper to achieve a smooth finish.
Attach The Hanger To The Base Using Screws And Bolts, Making Sure That Each H3 Heading Adheres To Markdown Syntax ()
Now that the block of wood is the correct size with a smooth finish, it’s time to attach the hanger.
Follow these steps:
- Place the hanger on top of the wooden block, in the desired location.
- Using screws and bolts, secure the hanger to the wooden block. Ensure that the screws and bolts are inserted firmly and securely.
- Check that the hanger is level with the block, to prevent the paper towel roll from slipping off the holder.
Creating a paper towel holder with a hanger is a simple and efficient way to organize your kitchen space. By following these steps, you will have a functional and stylish paper towel holder in no time!
Step 4: Adding Finishing Touches
Adding Finishing Touches:
Congratulations, you’re almost done with creating your diy paper towel holder from a hanger. The final touches will add a colorful and practical edge, making your holder a chic addition to your kitchen decor.
Spray Paint The Holder
Transform the bland and boring hanger into an eye-catching adornment for your kitchen by using a spray paint that is suitable for metal surfaces.
Here is what you need to do:
- Choose a well-ventilated space and cover the area with newspaper or plastic sheeting.
- Take the holder to the designated area and apply the spray paint to the metal frame of the holder in smooth and even strokes.
- Wait for the spray paint to dry and check if the surface is covered uniformly. If needed, add another coat of paint until the desired effect is achieved.
Attach A Hook
Add extra storage and functionality to your paper towel holder by attaching a hook on the side.
Here are the simple steps:
- Choose an appropriate hook that is strong and sturdy enough to hold rolls of paper towels.
- Place the hook on the side of the holder where you want it attached.
- Mark the spot where you want to attach the hook to ensure it is straight and aligned.
- Use screws and a screwdriver to attach the hook securely to the holder.
Now your stylish and practical paper towel holder is complete, hang it up and use it to organize your kitchen and add that personal touch!
FAQ On Making Paper Towel Holder With Hanger
What Materials Are Needed To Make A Paper Towel Holder?
To make a paper towel holder, you need a hanger, pliers, and a paper towel roll.
What Type Of Hanger Is Best For Making A Paper Towel Holder?
A wire hanger is the best type to use for making a paper towel holder.
How Do You Bend A Hanger Into A Paper Towel Holder?
Use pliers to bend the hanger into a rectangle shape with a curved bottom.
Can You Paint The Paper Towel Holder?
Yes, you can spray paint the holder to match your kitchen decor.
How Do You Hang The Paper Towel Holder?
Simply hook the hanger over a cabinet or door handle and insert a paper towel roll.
Now it’s time to put your diy skills to the test and create your very own paper towel holder with a hanger. With just a few simple steps, you can have a stylish and functional addition to your kitchen or bathroom.
Remember to choose a sturdy hanger and follow the measurements for the perfect fit. This project is not only cost-effective but also environmentally friendly by repurposing something that might have been thrown away.
Additionally, you can get creative and customize your paper towel holder with paint or embellishments to match your personal style.
With the help of this tutorial, you can complete this project in no time and enjoy the convenience of having a paper towel holder within arm’s reach. Start crafting and impress your guests with your unique home decor and diy skills.