A DIY industrial paper towel holder involves creating a functional unit using readily available materials such as pipes, flanges, and elbow joints typically found in the plumbing section of your local hardware store.
The process is straightforward, fun, and results in a unique, rustic piece for your kitchen or bathroom.
The DIY industrial paper towel holder is a home project that allows you to express your creativity while adding a practical touch to your space.
The industrial aesthetic is achieved by using metal materials, often with an aged or brushed finish, that give an edgy, modern feel to the design.
Creating an industrial paper towel holder is a simple yet fulfilling DIY project. It allows you to tap into your creativity, hands-on skills, and eye for design, resulting in a useful and attractive addition to your kitchen or bathroom decor.
This project not only enhances your space aesthetically but also showcases your handy skills and resourcefulness.
5 Steps for Making DIY Industrial Paper Towel Holder
|1||Gather Materials: You will need a metal pipe (roughly 12-15 inches long), a flange, an elbow joint, a coupling, a cap, and a roll of paper towels.|
|2||Assemble the Base: Screw the flange onto one end of the metal pipe. This will serve as the base of your paper towel holder.|
|3||Attach the Elbow Joint: Screw the elbow joint onto the other end of the metal pipe. The elbow should be facing perpendicular to the base.|
|4||Add the Coupling and Cap: Screw the coupling onto the end of the elbow joint, then screw the cap onto the end of the coupling. This will serve as the end stopper to keep the paper towels on the holder.|
|5||Load the Paper Towels: Slide your roll of paper towels onto the pipe. The towels should unroll towards you, with the elbow joint, coupling, and cap stopping the roll from coming off completely.|
Five Facts About DIY Industrial Paper Towel Holders
Why Diy Industrial Paper Towel Holder Is The Next Home Decor Project?
When it comes to home decor projects, the diy industrial paper towel holder is one of the most popular ones.
With its rugged and unique design, the industrial paper towel holder can add personality to even the most minimalistic kitchens.
It’s a fun project to work on and even more satisfying to use daily. But why is the diy industrial paper towel holder the next home decor project to take on?
Let’s break it down into three key points.
Importance Of Having A Unique Paper Towel Holder
- A unique paper towel holder can add personality and charm to your kitchen or dining area. It becomes a conversation starter and a reflection of your style.
- With so many mass-produced paper towel holders available in the market, having a unique diy holder adds a touch of exclusivity to your home.
- A unique holder can also be a practical solution if you’ve got limited space to work with. You can add a holder that complements the aesthetics of your kitchen without sacrificing countertop real estate.
Benefits Of Having An Industrial Paper Towel Holder
- An industrial paper towel holder is sturdy and durable, meaning it’s built to last. It’s made from strong materials, such as iron pipes and fittings, that can withstand everyday usage.
- The industrial paper towel holder is versatile. It works well with both modern and rustic decor styles. It’s also an excellent fit for industrial or farmhouse-style kitchens.
- Since the industrial paper towel holder is customizable, you can tailor the size and design to your specific needs.
- Diy industrial paper towel holders can save you money. Instead of buying one from a store, you’re building it yourself. You can source the materials for a fraction of the price and have something unique to show for it.
- By building a paper towel holder that fits your exact requirements, you can avoid having to buy several ones before finding the perfect fit for your kitchen.
- A well-built diy metal holder will stand the test of time, so you don’t need to worry about replacing a flimsy or broken holder anytime soon.
A diy industrial paper towel holder is a worthwhile home decor project that can add personality, practicality, and exclusivity to your kitchen.
It’s cost-effective, versatile, and customizable, making it a popular choice for budget-conscious and diy enthusiasts alike. So why not give it a try and create a unique industrial paper towel holder for your home?
Tools And Materials
Diy Industrial Paper Towel Holder: Tools And Materials
Creating your own diy industrial paper towel holder doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With the right tools and materials, you can make a stylish and functional addition to your kitchen or workspace.
Here’s a list of all the required tools and materials, along with descriptions of each:
List Of Required Tools And Materials
- 1.5″ drill bit
- 1/4″ drill bit
- Adjustable wrench
- 12-inch long 1.5” galvanized piping
- Two 1.5” galvanized floor flanges
- Two 1.5” galvanized 90-degree elbows
- One 1.5” galvanized t-joint
- Two 1/4” x 1 1/2” long wood screws
- One 1/4”-20 x 1 1/2” long machine screw
- One 1/4” flat washer
- One 1/4” hex nut
Description Of Each Tool And Material
- Drill: A tool used for creating holes in various materials.
- 1.5″ drill bit: A drill bit used for creating holes with a 1.5″ diameter.
- 1/4″ drill bit: A drill bit used for creating holes with a 1/4″ diameter.
- Adjustable wrench: A versatile tool used for tightening and loosening fasteners.
- Saw: A cutting tool that can be used to cut wood or other materials to size.
- Sandpaper: Use sandpaper to smooth rough edges and surfaces of the galvanized piping.
- 12-inch long 1.5” galvanized piping: The main component of the paper towel holder.
- Two 1.5” galvanized floor flanges: Used to screw the paper towel holder into a surface.
- Two 1.5” galvanized 90-degree elbows: Used to create an angle for the paper towel holder.
- One 1.5” galvanized t-joint: Used to connect the piping and create a base for the paper towel holder.
- Two 1/4” x 1 1/2” long wood screws: Used to attach the floor flanges to the surface.
- One 1/4”-20 x 1 1/2” long machine screw: Used to secure the paper towel roll in place.
- One 1/4” flat washer: A small piece of metal used to distribute the load of the machine screw.
- One 1/4” hex nut: Used to secure the machine screw in place.
Tips On Where To Find The Tools And Materials
Most of the tools and materials required for this diy project can be found at your local hardware store, such as home depot or lowes. Alternatively, you can search for these tools and materials online at amazon or other online retailers.
When purchasing the galvanized piping and connectors, make sure to measure the space where you plan on installing the paper towel holder to ensure you have the correct length and height.
For sandpaper, look for a medium-grit sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges. With the right tools and materials in hand, you’re ready to tackle this diy project and create a one-of-a-kind industrial paper towel holder.
What Materials Are Needed For Diy Industrial Paper Towel Holder?
Do-it-yourself projects are always a fun way to add personal touches to your home decor. Creating a diy industrial paper towel holder is no exception.
This piece is versatile, modern, and adds a unique look to any kitchen or bathroom. Getting ready to start? Let’s take a look at what materials you’ll need to complete the project.
Types Of Metal Pipes And Connectors
The first step when creating your industrial paper towel holder is to decide what type of metal pipes and connectors you want to use.
Some popular options include:
- Black iron pipes
- Copper pipes
- Galvanized pipes
Choose a pipe and connector that best suits your style, or mix and match for a unique look.
Supplies Needed To Connect Pieces Together
Once you have chosen your pipes and connectors, you’ll need some supplies to connect the pieces together.
Here are the materials you’ll require:
- Pipe cutter or hacksaw to cut the pipes to size
- Connector pieces such as elbows, tees, and crosses
- Pipe thread sealant or teflon tape
- Screws and anchors for mounting to the wall
Optional Paint And Spray-On Finishes
To give your industrial paper towel holder a personalized touch, consider adding a paint or spray-on finish.
There are various paint types available:
- Rust-oleum metallic spray paints
- Hammered spray paints
- Matte black spray paints
Spray painting is an easy and quick way to finish steel or iron surfaces. Before spraying, ensure that to thoroughly clean and dry the surface.
Creating an industrial paper towel holder is an excellent diy project that allows you to personalize your home decor.
With the right types of metal pipes and connectors, supplies to connect them together, and optional paint and spray-on finishes, you can create a unique and functional piece that is customized to your personal style preferences.
Detailed Instructions On How To Assemble The Diy Industrial Paper Towel Holder
Are you tired of constantly searching for paper towels in your kitchen? Do you want to create a stylish and functional paper towel holder with an industrial look?
If so, follow these detailed instructions for assembling your own diy industrial paper towel holder.First, gather all the materials that you will need, including a steel pipe, a pipe elbow, two pipe caps, and a wooden dowel.
Once you have all your materials, follow these steps:
- Take the steel pipe and screw one of the pipe caps onto the end.
- Attach the pipe elbow onto the other end of the pipe.
- Screw the second pipe cap onto the other end of the pipe elbow.
- Measure the wooden dowel to match the length of the steel pipe.
- Insert the wooden dowel into the steel pipe.
- Screw the assembled paper towel holder onto a wall in your kitchen or wherever you prefer to have it.
Tips And Tricks For Avoiding Common Mistakes
Even though this diy project is not complicated, there are still a few common mistakes that people make when assembling their industrial paper towel holders.
So, to avoid these mistakes, keep these tips and tricks in mind:
- Make sure that you purchase the correct size of steel pipe that will match the diameter of your wooden dowel.
- Measure carefully before cutting the wooden dowel to ensure that it will fit perfectly into the pipe.
- Use an electric drill with the appropriate drill bit size to make holes for securing the paper towel holder to the wall.
- Sand the wooden dowel until it is smooth before inserting it into the steel pipe.
- Double-check the attachments are secure and won’t come loose before hanging the holder on the wall.
Safety Precautions To Take
While this diy project may not involve any complex machinery, there are still basic safety precautions to take:
- Make sure you wear protective gloves before handling the steel pipe and pipe elbow to avoid cuts or injury.
- Be careful when using a drill to create holes on the wall to hang the paper towel holder.
- Always use a proper safety eyewear when operating an electric drill.
- After assembly, triple-check the stability and attachment points of your finished paper towel holder to ensure there is no risk of it falling or detaching unexpectedly.
How To Build An Industrial Paper Towel Holder In 5 Steps
Are you looking for a diy project that will add a touch of industrial chic to your home decor? A diy industrial paper towel holder could be just what you need!
Follow these 5 easy steps to create a custom piece that is both functional and stylish.
Cutting Metal Pipes To Length
Cutting the metal pipes to the correct length is the first step in building an industrial paper towel holder. Make sure to measure twice and cut once.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Use a pipe cutter or hacksaw to cut the pipes to your desired length.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands from the sharp edges.
- Measure carefully to ensure that the pipes are the correct length for your paper towels.
Sanding And Cleaning Pipes And Connectors
Once you have cut the pipes to the desired length, it’s time to sand and clean them. This step is important to ensure that the pipes and connectors fit together correctly and look polished.
Here is what you need to do:
- Use sandpaper to smooth the rough edges of the pipes and connectors.
- Clean the pipes and connectors with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris.
- Dry the pipes and connectors thoroughly before moving on to the next step.
Connecting Pipes And Connectors
Now it’s time to connect the pipes and connectors to create the base of the paper towel holder.
Here are some tips to help you:
- Use pipe glue to secure the pipes and connectors together.
- Follow the glue’s instructions carefully.
- Make sure the pipes are aligned correctly before the glue dries.
Adding Finishing Touches
Once the glue is dry, it’s time to add some finishing touches to your industrial paper towel holder. You can paint the piping with a matte black finish or any other color you like.
Here are some optional steps for adding finishing touches:
- Wrap twine or rope around the pipes to create a rustic look and added grip for the paper towel roll.
- Add adhesive pads to the bottom of the paper towel holder to prevent scratches on surfaces.
Installing The Paper Towel Holder In Your Home
The final step is to install your industrial paper towel holder in your home. You can use screws or adhesive strips to attach the holder to your desired surface.
Here are a few tips to ensure a secure installation:
- Use a level to make sure the holder is even.
- Consider the weight of the paper towel roll and use appropriate screws or adhesive strips for a secure hold.
- Enjoy your new industrial paper towel holder!
Tips And Considerations
Are you looking for a functional and stylish addition to your kitchen? Look no further than a diy industrial paper towel holder! Not only is it a simple project to tackle, but it can also add an industrial, rustic feel to your kitchen.
Here are some tips and considerations to keep in mind before getting started.
Additional Considerations To Take Into Account:
- When choosing materials, keep in mind that the holder needs to be sturdy enough to hold a roll of paper towels. Consider using materials like copper, steel, or iron for a durable and long-lasting holder.
- Keep the size and height of the holder in mind, as it will need to fit comfortably in your kitchen and within easy reach.
- Consider adding a weighted base to your holder to prevent it from tipping over when pulling a towel off the roll.
- If you plan on mounting the holder to the wall, make sure it is securely mounted to the studs for added stability.
Suggestions For Customizing The Diy Industrial Paper Towel Holder:
- Personalize your holder with a unique finish or texture. Consider a matte black finish or a hammered texture for an added industrial feel.
- Add a decorative element to your holder by incorporating a wooden dowel for a touch of warmth, or decorative nuts and bolts for added interest.
- For a more minimalist look, consider a simpler design with clean lines and a sleek finish.
Ideas For Complementary Home Decor And Accessories:
- Display your holder next to other industrial-style elements in your kitchen, such as metal bar stools or a stainless steel backsplash.
- Add some warmth to your kitchen by pairing the industrial paper towel holder with wooden accents, such as cutting boards or utensil holders.
- Incorporate other metallic surfaces and finishes into your kitchen decor to tie the look together, such as brass cabinet hardware or chrome appliances.
Remember, a diy industrial paper towel holder can be an affordable and functional addition to your kitchen.
Keep these tips and considerations in mind to create a unique and stylish holder to fit your space and personal style.
How To Personalize Your Diy Industrial Paper Towel Holder
Looking for a chic and practical addition to your kitchen? Try making your own diy industrial paper towel holder!
It’s a great way to save money and add some character to any kitchen. Plus, the best part is that you can easily personalize it to match your home decor.
Here’s how to make it your own with some creative touch-ups.
Paint Options And Color Combinations
One of the simplest ways to personalize your diy industrial paper towel holder is by adding paint.
Here are a few options to try:
- Metallic paint: This paint adds a sleek and modern touch. Choose gold, silver, or copper metallic spray paint for an industrial look.
- Two-tone color: Use two colors that complement each other like black and white or brown and cream. Use tape to make clean lines between each color and follow the instructions on the paint can to apply.
- Neutral colors: If you’re aiming for a minimalist look, choose neutral colors like white, beige, or gray. These colors will never go out of style and work well with a wide range of kitchen styles.
Other Ways To Customize The Holder
Apart from painting, there are other ways to personalize your diy industrial paper towel holder.
Consider adding these touches to create a unique holder:
- Stenciling: Use stencils to create unique patterns or sayings on the holder. Use a contrasting color to make the design pop.
- Twine or rope: Wrap twine or rope around the holder to create a rustic look. Secure the twine or rope with glue.
- Washi tape: Use washi tape to decorate the holder. Washi tape comes in various colors and patterns and can easily be removed if you decide to change the design later.
Tips For Creating Cohesive Look In Your Kitchen
To make sure your diy industrial paper towel holder matches the rest of your kitchen decor, follow these tips:
- Choose a color scheme: Use colors that complement your kitchen’s color scheme. Consider using the same color on the holder as you have on other accessories.
- Use repetition: Repeat colors and patterns throughout your kitchen to create a cohesive look. For example, if you use polka dot dishes, use the same pattern on the holder.
- Stick to a style: If you’re aiming for a modern look, stick to metallic colors and geometric shapes. If you want a rustic look, use natural materials like wood and twine.
By following these guidelines, you can create a diy industrial paper towel holder that’s unique, stylish, and practical. Enjoy your new kitchen accessory!
FAQ On Diy Industrial Paper Towel Holder
How Do You Make An Industrial Paper Towel Holder?
To make an industrial paper towel holder, you’ll need pipes, fittings, and a wooden dowel. Follow the step-by-step instructions for assembly.
What Materials Do You Need To Make An Industrial Paper Towel Holder?
The materials needed to make an industrial paper towel holder are pipes, fittings, a wooden dowel, screws, and a drill.
Can I Customize My Industrial Paper Towel Holder To Fit My Decor?
Yes, you can customize your industrial paper towel holder to fit your decor by painting or staining the wooden dowel and pipes to match your home’s color scheme.
Where Can I Use My Diy Industrial Paper Towel Holder?
You can use your diy industrial paper towel holder in your kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room for a rustic and functional touch.
Creating your own diy industrial paper towel holder is an easy and affordable way to add some character to your kitchen or workspace.
By using just a few simple materials and following the step-by-step instructions outlined in this guide, you can make a functional and stylish addition in no time.
Plus, the customization options are endless – use a different type of pipe, switch up the paint color, or even add decorative elements like stencils or stickers.
Not only is this project a fun and creative way to spend an afternoon, it also saves you from having to purchase a manufactured holder that may not perfectly fit your design aesthetic or space limitations.
Give it a try and see just how much of a difference a small diy project can make!