The best way to cook bacon in the microwave without using paper towels is by utilizing a microwave-safe plate and a microwave bacon rack or a microwave-safe bowl.
Cooking bacon in the microwave is a quick and easy method that saves time compared to traditional stovetop or oven methods.
While many people use paper towels to absorb the grease during cooking, it’s entirely possible to cook bacon in the microwave without them.
Utilizing a microwave-safe plate with a bacon rack or a microwave-safe bowl allows the bacon to cook evenly while draining the grease away from the strips.
To cook bacon in the microwave without paper towels, place the microwave-safe plate on top of the microwave bacon rack or flip a microwave-safe bowl upside down onto the plate.
Lay the strips of bacon over the rack or bowl so that they’re elevated and not touching the plate, allowing the grease to drain away during cooking.
Cook the bacon on high for 1 to 2 minutes per strip, adjusting the time based on your preferred crispiness. Be careful when removing the plate or bowl from the microwave, as the accumulated grease may be hot.
Allow the bacon to cool for a moment before transferring it to a serving plate, and enjoy your crispy, paper towel-free bacon!
8 Steps Of Cook Bacon in Microwave Without Paper Towels
|1||Place a microwave-safe plate on the countertop|
|2||Arrange bacon slices in a single layer on the plate, ensuring they do not overlap|
|3||Optional: use a microwave bacon tray or raise bacon on a microwave-safe rack to allow fat to drip off|
|4||Cover the bacon with a microwave-safe lid or another microwave-safe plate to prevent splattering|
|5||Set microwave power to high and cook for approximately 4-6 minutes, depending on desired crispiness|
|6||Carefully remove the plate from the microwave using oven mitts, as it will be hot|
|7||Transfer cooked bacon onto a plate lined with a paper bag or a cooling rack to drain excess grease|
|8||Allow bacon to cool for a few minutes before serving|
Five Facts About Cooking Bacon in Microwave Without Paper Towels
Introduction To Cooking Bacon In The Microwave
Why Choose To Cook Bacon In The Microwave?
Cooking bacon in the microwave is a quicker and easier way to satisfy your craving for crispy bacon. Not only does it save you time, but it also saves you the hassle of having to clean up grease splatters on your stovetop.
Here are a few reasons why cooking bacon in the microwave is worth trying out:
- Quick and easy preparation for busy mornings
- Reduced mess from grease splatters
- Even cooking without constant flipping
- Perfect for small batches of bacon
Safety Precautions To Keep In Mind Before Cooking Bacon In The Microwave
While cooking bacon in the microwave can be convenient, it’s essential to keep in mind some safety precautions to avoid any accidents.
Here are some safety tips to ensure you cook bacon safely in the microwave:
- Use a microwave-safe dish to cook bacon
- Cover the dish loosely with a paper towel to avoid any messy and dangerous splatters
- Avoid overcrowding the dish with bacon slices
- Do not leave the microwave unattended while cooking bacon
- Use oven mitts to remove the bacon from the microwave as it can be hot
How To Prepare Bacon For Microwave Cooking
Before you start cooking bacon in the microwave, it’s important to prepare it properly for even and crispy cooking.
Here’s the step-by-step process for preparing bacon for microwave cooking:
- Trim the excess fat from the bacon slices
- Place the bacon on a microwave-safe dish, with a bit of space between each slice
- Cover the dish with a paper towel, leaving a corner of it open
- Microwave the bacon on high for 4-6 minutes, depending on the microwave’s power and the desired crispiness.
- Use oven mitts to remove the bacon from the microwave and enjoy!
Cooking bacon in the microwave is a quick and hassle-free way to prepare crispy bacon. However, it’s important to follow safety precautions and prepare the bacon properly to avoid any mishaps. With these tips, you can enjoy deliciously cooked bacon without any mess!
Method 1: Using Microwave-Safe Plate
Microwaving Bacon Without Paper Towels
Bacon is a favorite food of many, but it can be frustrating to cook without making a mess. Traditional cooking methods often require the use of paper towels to absorb the extra grease, but what if you want to cook bacon without paper towels?
Luckily, microwaving bacon without paper towels is possible, and there are a few different methods you can try. Below we will discuss one of the easiest and popular methods: using a microwave-safe plate.
Step-By-Step Guide For Using A Microwave-Safe Plate
- First, select a microwave-safe plate that is big enough to accommodate the bacon slices without allowing them to overlap or touch each other. A medium-sized plate is usually sufficient for 3 to 4 strips of bacon.
- Lay the bacon slices on the plate in a single layer, with some space between them.
- Put the plate with bacon into the microwave. Cook for approximately 4-6 minutes for every 4 strips. Note that the cooking time may differ depending on your microwave’s power and the thickness of the bacon slices. Do not leave the microwave unattended and check the bacon every 30 seconds to avoid overcooking or burning.
- When the bacon is cooked to your desired crispiness level, turn off the microwave and remove the plate carefully. Remember, it will be hot.
- Use a pair of tongs to transfer the bacon to a paper towel or a clean plate to absorb the excess grease before serving.
Tips And Tricks For Perfect Bacon In Microwave-Safe Plate Method
- Use thick-cut bacon instead of thin strips, as it will hold up better in the microwave and be less likely to become brittle or burn.
- Line the plate with parchment paper to provide additional insulation and prevent the bacon from sticking to the plate.
- Cover the bacon slices with a microwave-safe lid or a microwave-safe dish to prevent grease splatters.
- If you want the bacon slices to become extra crispy, try flipping them halfway through the cooking process.
- Don’t overcrowd the plate with too many bacon slices, or they won’t cook evenly.
- Always keep an eye on the bacon while microwaving as the cooking time may vary according to your microwave power and the thickness of the bacon slices.
Method 2: Using Microwave Bacon Cooker
Introducing The Microwave Bacon Cooker: An Appliance For Perfect Bacon
The microwave bacon cooker is an appliance that allows you to cook your bacon in the microwave without using paper towels. It’s an excellent solution for those who don’t want to use too much paper or are environmentally conscious.
Here are some key points to consider:
- The microwave bacon cooker is made of microwave-safe plastic and has a separate lid and base that allows for easy cleaning.
- The design of the cooker allows the bacon to be suspended above any grease that may be generated during the cooking process, resulting in crispy and evenly cooked bacon.
- Depending on the size of your microwave bacon cooker, you can cook up to six slices of bacon at once.
How To Use The Microwave Bacon Cooker For Paper Towel-Free Bacon Cooking
Using the microwave bacon cooker is a straightforward process.
Here are some steps to follow:
- The first step is to place the bacon slices on the cooker, following the instructions that come with the appliance.
- Cover the cooker with the lid and place it in the microwave.
- Set the timer according to the instructions. The cooking time varies depending on your microwave’s power and the thickness of the bacon slices
- Once the cooking time is over, carefully remove the cooker from the microwave, using oven mitts or a towel to avoid burns.
- Let the bacon cool down before removing it from the cooker.
Cleaning And Maintenance Of Microwave Bacon Cooker
Cleaning and maintaining your microwave bacon cooker is vital to ensure it lasts for many uses.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Allow the microwave bacon cooker to cool down after use before cleaning it.
- Remove any grease or residue from the utensil before washing it with soap and hot water.
- Avoid using abrasive sponges or cleaners that could damage the plastic of the cooker.
- Store the microwave bacon cooker in a dry and clean place to prevent any build-up of germs or bacteria.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your microwave bacon cooker remains in excellent condition for a long time, providing you with delicious and crispy bacon every time you use it.
Method 3: Using Parchment Paper
Microwaving bacon is a quick and convenient way to cook the breakfast staple. However, traditional paper towels can produce a lot of waste and harm the environment. Fortunately, there is a better way to cook bacon in the microwave without having to use paper towels.
We will examine method 3, using parchment paper as an alternative to paper towels when cooking bacon in the microwave.
Using Parchment Paper As An Alternative To Paper Towels When Cooking Bacon In The Microwave
Cooking with parchment paper is a great way to reduce waste and protect the environment.
Here are some key points to keep in mind when using parchment paper for cooking bacon in the microwave:
- Cut the parchment paper to the size of your microwave-safe dish.
- Place bacon strips on top of the parchment paper.
- Cook bacon as you normally would in the microwave.
Advantages Of Using Parchment Paper Method
There are several advantages to using parchment paper instead of paper towels when cooking bacon in the microwave:
- Eco-friendly: Parchment paper is biodegradable, compostable, and a great alternative to paper towels.
- Easy to clean: Parchment paper doesn’t leave any residue on your microwave-safe dish, making it easy to clean.
- Less mess: Parchment paper absorbs the greasy residue from the bacon, leaving your microwave-safe dish clean and mess-free.
Possible Disadvantages And Tips For Avoiding Them
While using parchment paper is a great alternative to paper towels, there are some possible disadvantages to keep in mind:
- Burning: Parchment paper can burn if it comes into direct contact with the microwave’s heating element. Avoid this by making sure the parchment paper is completely covered by your bacon strips.
- Smoke: If the parchment paper starts to smoke, stop the microwave immediately and remove the bacon from the dish. This could indicate that the parchment paper is burning.
Using parchment paper as an alternative to paper towels when cooking bacon in the microwave is an eco-friendly and convenient way to cook bacon without damaging the environment. By keeping these tips in mind, you can cook delicious crispy bacon without the need for paper towels.
FAQ About Cooking Bacon In Microwave Without Paper Towels
How Do I Cook Bacon In The Microwave Without Paper Towels?
To cook bacon in the microwave without paper towels, place the bacon strips on a microwave-safe plate and cover them with a microwave-safe lid or dish. Microwave for 4-6 minutes on high.
Can I Cook Bacon In The Microwave With Parchment Paper?
It is not recommended to cook bacon in the microwave with parchment paper. Parchment paper may not withstand the high heat generated by the microwave and can catch fire.
How Can I Avoid Making A Mess While Cooking Bacon In The Microwave?
To avoid making a mess while cooking bacon in the microwave, cover the bacon with a microwave-safe lid or dish. This will help to keep the grease from splattering all over the microwave.
Is Cooking Bacon In The Microwave A Healthier Option?
Cooking bacon in the microwave can be a healthier option as it allows the fat to drip off the bacon into the plate. This results in a lower fat content in the bacon compared to pan-fried bacon.
Microwaving bacon without paper towels could be a game-changer for those who want to avoid using them. This method not only saves time and energy, but it also produces crispy, delicious bacon. By simply using a microwave-safe plate and a few extra seconds, bacon can be cooked with pleasure, without any guilt.
The clean-up process is also quick and easy, leaving less mess behind. It’s important to remember to lay the bacon flat on the plate and adjust the cooking time accordingly. It’s exciting to learn new cooking techniques that are both easy and environmentally friendly.
You can now enjoy the savory aroma of cooking bacon in the morning without having to reach for a roll of paper towels. This method is perfect for those who live on the go or simply want an alternative to the traditional way of cooking bacon.
We hope you find this method as appetizing as we do!