Hanging paper towels with command hooks is a simple and efficient way to save counter space in your kitchen.
All you need is a command hook and a paper towel roll. Command hooks are sturdy, don’t need drilling, and can easily be removed without damaging the wall.
Command hooks are a type of adhesive hook that sticks to the wall. They are ideal for hanging paper towels because they are strong enough to hold the weight of a full roll.
Plus, they can be easily removed and relocated without leaving any marks or residue on your wall.
The process of using command hooks to hang paper towels involves positioning the hooks, attaching the hooks to the wall, and then sliding the paper towel roll onto the hooks.
Remember, while using command hooks to hang paper towels, it’s important to properly position the hooks to ensure the roll hangs straight. Command hooks also come in a variety of styles and finishes to match your interior décor.
So, not only are you creating a practical solution for your paper towels, but you’re also adding a touch of style to your kitchen.
7 Steps to Hang Paper Towels With Command Hooks
|1||Purchase suitable Command hooks. Ensure they’re large enough to support the weight of a paper towel roll.|
|2||Clean the surface area where you plan to hang the paper towels with rubbing alcohol. Let it dry completely.|
|3||Attach the adhesive strip to the Command hook. Press the entire strip firmly for about 30 seconds.|
|4||Place the Command hook on the cleaned area. Press the base firmly for about 30 seconds.|
|5||Wait for at least one hour before hanging anything on the hook to ensure the adhesive has fully set.|
|6||Slip the paper towel roll onto the hook. Make sure it fits securely.|
|7||Test the setup by gently pulling a paper towel from the roll. If it holds firm, the setup is successful.|
Five Facts About Hanging Paper Towels With Command Hooks
Understanding The Benefits Of Using Command Hooks For Hanging Paper Towels
If you’re tired of using the same old paper towel dispensers that take up valuable counter space, it’s time to hang paper towels using command hooks!
Before starting the installation process, let’s first explore the benefits of using command hooks for hanging paper towels:
- Convenience: Command hooks offer the convenience of easy installation and removal without damaging the walls or any surfaces.
- Customizable placement: You can place the hooks wherever you want them and adjust them as needed. This means that you can hang paper towels at the perfect height for your needs.
- Saves space: Hanging paper towels with command hooks saves counter space, which is especially beneficial in small kitchens.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Command hooks come in various styles, colors, and sizes, which means that you can choose the perfect one that matches your kitchen decor.
How Command Hooks Work
Command hooks are small, plastic hooks that are designed to stick to surfaces without leaving any damage behind. They work by using a special adhesive strip that attaches to the hook and the wall or surface it’s hanging on.
Here’s how to use command hooks for hanging paper towels:
- Clean the surface where you want to hang the hook and let it dry completely.
- Remove the backing from the adhesive strip on the back of the hook.
- Press the hook firmly onto the surface and hold it in place for 30 seconds to ensure it adheres properly.
- Wait one hour before hanging anything on the hook.
Materials Needed For The Installation Process
Before you start hanging paper towels with command hooks, you will need to purchase the necessary materials.
Here’s what you need:
- Command hooks: Purchase command hooks in the size, style, and color that you prefer. Make sure to check the weight capacity of the hook to ensure it can support the weight of a paper towel roll.
- Adhesive strips: Each package of command hooks comes with adhesive strips. If you need additional strips, purchase them separately.
- Paper towel roll: Purchase a new paper towel roll or use the one you have.
With these materials on hand, you’re ready to start hanging paper towels with command hooks!
Preparing The Area Where The Paper Towels Will Be Hung
Determining The Best Location For Hanging Paper Towels
Before you start hanging paper towels with command hooks, it’s essential to plan where you want to hang them.
Here are a few points to consider:
- Select an area that is easily accessible and free from obstructions.
- The location should be near where you need paper towels the most.
- Avoid hanging paper towels over a heat source or in a humid location.
- Make sure the area is dry and clean.
Preparing The Surface For The Command Hook Installation
Before installing your command hooks, it’s important to prepare the surface properly.
Here’s how to do it:
- Clean the surface with rubbing alcohol or soap and water, and make sure it’s dry before installing the hooks.
- If you have painted walls, allow the paint to dry for at least 7 days before installing command hooks.
- Do not use command hooks on wallpaper, vinyl surfaces, or other delicate materials.
- If you have recently removed wallpaper, allow a week for the surface to dry and settle before applying command hooks.
Adjusting For Size And Shape Of The Paper Towel Roll
After determining the location and preparing the surface, it’s essential to adjust the size and shape of the paper towel roll for perfect hanging.
Here are a few tips to make sure that your hanging is secure and convenient:
- Adjust the hook height according to the size of the paper towel roll. Too high or too low can make it difficult to tear off sheets.
- Check the width of the hook to ensure it can accommodate the size of the paper towel roll. Use a larger hook for a bigger roll.
- Make sure the hook is level and straight. An uneven hook can lead to a crooked paper towel roll.
By following these tips, you can easily hang paper towels with command hooks and make your cleaning experience convenient and tidy.
Installing The Command Hooks
How To Install The Command Hooks Correctly
If you have never used a command hook before, the installation process may seem a bit confusing. However, by following these simple steps, you can perfectly hang your paper towel holder with command hooks.
- Clean the surface: Before applying the command hook, clean the surface with a rag and rubbing alcohol to remove any dirt or dust.
- Decide on placement: Decide on the spot where you want to hang your paper towel holder. Remember to choose the spot where you want the towel to be within reach.
- Prepare the hook: Remove the liner from the command hook and hold it by the base. Next, remove the remaining liner from the adhesive strip.
- Stick the hook: Press the command hook firmly onto the surface and hold it in place for at least 30 seconds.
- Wait: After attaching the command hook, wait for 1 hour before hanging anything on it. This will allow the adhesive to bond completely with the surface.
Tips And Tricks For Successful Installation
Installing command hooks can be tricky, so here are a few tips and tricks to ensure that your hooks are installed perfectly:
- Choose a flat surface: Command hooks stick much better on flat surfaces than on uneven surfaces. Therefore, consider using a level to ensure that the hang level along a horizontal plane.
- Don’t use too much weight: Command hooks are designed to support lightweight items that weigh up to 2 pounds. Keep this in mind when selecting the paper towel holder.
- Use the right size: Make sure you choose the right size of command hook for your paper towel holder. A hook that is too big or too small will not work.
- Use enough hooks: Hanging paper towel holders require at least 2 command hooks, and using multiple hooks can distribute the weight evenly.
Dealing With Any Complications During The Installation Process
Here are some complications that you may face during the installation process and their respective solutions:
- The hook falls off: If the command hook falls off, it may be due to improper surface cleaning or overloading. Try cleaning the area thoroughly and check if you are within the suggested weight limits.
- Removing the hook: When removing the command hook, pull the tab slowly and straight down, parallel to the mounting base. Avoid pulling the tab too hard, as this may damage the surface.
- Reapplying the hook: In case you need to reapply the command hook, clean the surface thoroughly and use a new adhesive strip instead of reusing the old one.
By following these guidelines, you should be ready to install your paper towel holder with command hooks without any issues. Happy hanging!
Hanging Paper Towels On The Command Hooks
How To Properly Hang Paper Towels On The Command Hooks
Hanging paper towels on the command hooks is an inexpensive way to keep your kitchen organized and tidy.
Here’s how to properly hang paper towels on the command hooks:
- First, clean the surface of the wall, where you plan to hang the command hooks, with rubbing alcohol to remove any dirt or grease. This ensures the hooks properly adhere to the wall for long-lasting use.
- Select an appropriate location and height on the wall for hanging your paper towels, so they are easily accessible for everyday use.
- Remove the first removable mounting strip from the command hook and remove the liner from the adhesive side. Stick the adhesive side of the strip onto the backside of the hook.
- Apply the whole hook onto the selected surface of the wall. Firmly press it onto the surface following the mounting instructions on the pack.
- Wait for an appropriate duration before hanging the paper towels. The adhesive takes around 1 hour for it to attain sufficient strength.
- With the hook now securely affixed in place, you can hang the new roll of paper towels using the command hooks’ rod.
Adjusting The Paper Towels For Ease Of Use
Now that you have successfully hung your paper towels using the command hooks, it’s time to adjust the paper towel roll for ease of use.
Here are a few helpful tips on how to do this:
- Adjust the paper towels to hang at the desired height and position on the rod, making it easy for you to get as many paper towels as you want for the chores without any struggle.
- Make sure that the paper towels hang down smoothly and don’t bunch up, particularly at the end of the roll. This ensures the sheets are easily dispensable, avoiding any frustration or annoyance.
- If the paper roll is too big or small, you can adjust the length of the paper towels at the time of hanging. This makes it easier for you to complete your chores without struggling to tear off an appropriate amount of paper towel.
Taking Care Of The Command Hooks To Ensure Longevity
Proper maintenance of command hooks is crucial to ensure their longevity and the ability to reuse them in the future.
Here are some best practices to ensure the hooks last as long as possible:
- Be aware of the weight limitations of the command hook. It is recommended to follow the weight indications set by the manufacturer to avoid damage to the hook or the surface it’s attached to.
- Always clean the mounting surface area with rubbing alcohol before mounting the command hook to ensure proper adhesion and longevity.
- Avoid excessive handling of the command hooks as it weakens the adhesion over time.
- If you need to use a new removable strip for replacement, make sure you use appropriate ones recommended by the manufacturer.
- When it’s time to remove the command hooks, stretch straight down to slowly and gently detach them from the wall to prevent damage to the surface.
By following these simple procedures, one can ensure that the command hooks stick securely, keep paper towels organized and within reach, and are durable, long-lasting, and reusable.
FAQ On Hanging Paper Towels With Command Hooks
How Do I Hang Paper Towels With Command Hooks?
Clean the wall surface, choose appropriate hooks, stick and press firmly. Wait for an hour before hanging the paper towel roll.
How Much Weight Can Command Hooks Hold?
Command hooks vary in load capacity, you can check the packaging or website for details.
Will The Hooks Damage My Wall?
No, they are designed to be damage-free. Gently stretch the adhesive strip to remove the hook without harming the wall surface.
Can I Reuse The Command Hooks?
Yes, you can. Purchase adhesive strips separately and follow the instructions to replace the strips on the back of the hook.
Command hooks are a fantastic tool to hang paper towels in your kitchen or laundry room. They offer a no-mess, no-fuss solution to all your paper towel holding needs without the need for drilling holes in your walls.
Follow our easy-to-follow steps to ensure your paper towels always stay organized and within reach, saving you both time and energy.
Remember to double-check the weight limit of your command hooks and use as many as the weight of your paper towel roll requires. Don’t worry if you don’t get it right the first time, removing command hooks is incredibly easy too.
With these simple steps, say goodbye to messy countertops and closets and hello to a more organized and convenient household. Shop for command hooks, follow our steps, and enjoy the results today!