To replace a paper towel dispenser, you need to follow certain steps such as removing the old dispenser, preparing the wall, installing the new dispenser, and testing its functionality.
Replacing a paper towel dispenser is a necessary task when the old one is broken or outdated. Performing this task may seem challenging, but with the right tools, it can be done efficiently and effectively.
The process involves uninstalling the old dispenser, preparing the installation area, mounting the new dispenser, and ensuring it works correctly.
Before starting the replacement process, gather the necessary tools such as a drill, screwdriver, level, and wall anchors.
Begin by removing the old dispenser from the wall and cleaning the area to ensure a smooth surface for the new installation.
Next, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for mounting the new dispenser onto the wall, ensuring it is level and secure.
Finally, test the functionality of the new paper towel dispenser to guarantee it dispenses the paper towels properly and is ready for use.
9 Steps for Replacing a Paper Towel Dispenser
|1||Gather necessary tools and materials: screwdriver, replacement paper towel dispenser, mounting hardware, and a level.|
|2||Remove the old paper towel dispenser: Use a screwdriver to loosen and remove the mounting screws holding the existing dispenser in place. Carefully lift the dispenser away from the wall.|
|3||Clean the mounting area: Wipe away any dirt, dust, or debris from the wall to ensure a secure and stable installation for the new dispenser.|
|4||Prepare the new paper towel dispenser: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and assemble the new paper towel dispenser, if necessary.|
|5||Mark the mounting holes: Hold the new dispenser against the wall where it is going to be installed. Use a level to make sure it is straight, then mark the locations of the mounting holes on the wall.|
|6||Install the mounting hardware: Drill pilot holes if needed, then screw in the mounting hardware or wall anchors to the marked locations on the wall.|
|7||Attach the new dispenser: Align the mounting holes on the new paper towel dispenser with the mounting hardware on the wall. Secure the dispenser to the wall using screws.|
|8||Load paper towels: Open the new dispenser, insert a roll or stack of paper towels, and close the dispenser.|
|9||Test the dispenser: Pull paper towels from the dispenser to ensure they dispense properly. Adjust the tension or other settings if needed.|
Five Facts About Replacing a Paper Towel Dispenser
Understanding The Basics Of A Paper Towel Dispenser
Have you ever made a mess while cooking or eating and wished you had something at your disposal to clean it up quickly? Enter the paper towel dispenser, the hero of any kitchen or restroom.
However, before you can replace a paper towel dispenser, it’s crucial to understand its basics. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the different components and types of paper towel dispensers available.
Components Of A Paper Towel Dispenser
A paper towel dispenser may appear to be an uncomplicated machine at first glance, but it’s made up of several important components.
Understanding these components will assist you in determining what kind of dispenser you have and what may be internalized requirements while replacing it.
Let’s have a look:
- Dispenser body: Typically made of plastic or metal, this is the outer covering that houses the paper towels.
- Dispenser key: Some dispensers are locked, and a dispenser key is required to unlock them for refill purposes.
- Dispenser mechanism: This is the actual holder that holds the paper towel roll in place, allowing them to roll freely as needed.
- Tear-off bar: The tear-off bar, frequently located at the bottom of the dispenser mechanism, is what you will use to tear off a section of the paper towel when needed.
Types Of Paper Towel Dispensers Available
Paper towel dispensers come in a variety of designs and materials to suit various needs. Knowing the different kinds will assist you in selecting the most appropriate one for your environment.
Here are the most frequent types:
- Countertop dispensers: Perfect for small kitchens or restrooms, they take up minimal room and are straightforward to refill.
- Wall-mounted dispensers: Saving space, these dispensers are placed high enough to keep the rolls safe from any spills or water.
- Center pull dispensers: This type of dispenser, frequently seen in restaurants and other foodservice businesses, dispenses paper towels from the center of the roll, making it easy to grab and use.
- Automatic dispensers: Utilizing motion sensors, automatic dispensers dispense a pre-cut portion of paper towel, limiting how much paper consumers can take at once. They prevent paper towel wastage and ensuring that the towel is clean and dry as it has not been touched before use.
We hope this understanding of the basics of paper towel dispensers helps you in identifying what type of dispenser you currently have and what kind of replacement you need.
Make certain to choose the correct dispenser for your needs, as this can help in keeping a hygienic and clean environment.
Signs That It’s Time To Replace Your Paper Towel Dispenser
Maintaining hygiene in a public restroom is of utmost importance. One essential aspect of this duty is ensuring that the paper towel dispenser is in good condition.
After all, it is used by several people throughout the day. Take a look at the following signs to know when it’s time to replace your paper towel dispenser.
A malfunctioning paper towel dispenser can cause inconvenience to the users and, if left unattended, can lead to more severe consequences.
Here are some signs that indicate that the dispenser needs replacement:
- The lever is stuck
- The dispenser doesn’t dispense towels or dispenses them in small fragments
- The dispenser needs frequent repairs
- The dispenser makes odd noises when being dispensed
If you notice any of these signs, don’t wait any longer – replace the dispenser soon to avoid causing more inconvenience and a possible loss of customers.
Visible Wear And Tear
Paper towel dispensers undergo regular wear and tear due to their constant use. However, it’s important to note when the dispensers start displaying visible signs of wear and tear as this can lead to several problems such as:
- Accumulation of dirt, dust, and bacteria in the cracks and crevices of the dispenser
- Rusting of metal dispensers that can lead to contamination of the paper towels
- Loose screws and brackets that can cause the dispenser to fall off and cause injury to a user
If you notice any of these signs in your dispenser, it’s time to replace it with a new one.
The primary function of a paper towel dispenser is to provide a hygienic and convenient way to dry one’s hands. But, when the dispenser starts causing hygiene concerns, it’s time to get a new one.
Here are some signs that indicate the dispenser may be causing hygiene concerns:
- The dispenser has mold or mildew growth on it or inside it
- The dispenser is dirty or greasy to touch
- The dispenser has become non-functional, and users have resorted to wiping their hands on their clothes or using toilet paper to dry their hands
Replacing a dispenser that is causing hygiene concerns is crucial to maintaining cleanliness and preventing the spread of germs.
Remember, cleanliness and hygiene are the topmost priority in shared spaces like public restrooms. Be sure to stay alert and replace paper towel dispensers when they start to show any signs of malfunction, wear and tear, or hygiene concerns.
How To Choose The Right Replacement Paper Towel Dispenser
Replacing a paper towel dispenser may seem like a simple task, but choosing the right one can be quite overwhelming.
With so many brands and models available in the market, it’s important to consider a few factors before making a purchase. We’ll guide you through the process of choosing the right replacement paper towel dispenser.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing A Paper Towel Dispenser:
- Mounting style: Determine whether you need a wall-mounted, countertop, or under-the-counter paper towel dispenser. This will depend on the available space and usage frequency
- Capacity: Determine the number of paper towels you need to store at once and how often you will refill the dispenser.
- Durability: Look for a dispenser made of sturdy materials that can withstand frequent use and abuse. Durable plastic or metal dispensers are popular choices.
- Dispenser mechanism: Do you want a manual or automatic dispenser? Manual dispensers require users to pull the paper towel out themselves, while automatic dispensers use sensors to dispense towels without touch.
- Appearance: Consider the style and color of the dispenser. This may not be the top priority, but a dispenser that blends in with your decor can improve the look of the area.
Popular Brands Of Paper Towel Dispensers:
- San jamar: San jamar is a popular brand known for its sturdy and reliable dispensers, designed for high-volume commercial use.
- Georgia-pacific: Georgia-pacific offers a wide range of dispensers suitable for different environments from commercial to office spaces. They offer both manual and automatic dispensers.
- Kimberly-clark: Kimberly-clark dispensers are popular for their sleek design and user-friendly features. They offer both countertop and wall-mounted models.
- Bobrick: Bobrick offers a variety of durable and stylish dispensers for commercial and residential use. They have automatic and manual options and come with a variety of sizes and designs.
- Tork: Tork is a well-known brand that produces high-quality automatic dispensers that are perfect for commercial and public spaces. They offer a wide range of products with different features.
Choosing the right replacement paper towel dispenser requires careful consideration of several factors. By evaluating your needs and preferences, you can select a dispenser that suits your space, usage requirements, and budget.
Once you’ve identified your priorities, you can browse several popular brands and models to find the ideal replacement.
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Replace Your Paper Towel Dispenser
Replacing your paper towel dispenser might seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite simple. You’ll learn how to do it step-by-step, using only a few basic tools and minimal effort. So, grab your tools and let’s get started!
Tools Required For The Replacement Process
Before we dive into the replacement process, let’s take a look at the tools you’ll need:
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Flat-head screwdriver
- New paper towel dispenser
Ensure that you have all of these tools at hand before beginning the replacement.
Removing The Old Paper Towel Dispenser
To remove the old paper towel dispenser, follow these steps:
- Turn off the power supply to the dispenser.
- Use the phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screws, holding the dispenser’s cover on.
- Take off the cover and disconnect the wires.
- Use the pliers to remove the screws that are holding the dispenser in place.
- Carefully pull the dispenser away from the wall, and remove any remaining screws.
Installing The New Paper Towel Dispenser
Now that you’ve removed the old dispenser, it’s time to install the new one.
Here are the steps:
- Position the new paper towel dispenser where the old one used to be.
- Fasten the dispenser to the wall using screws.
- Attach the wires from the dispenser to the power supply.
- Add the cover and place it correctly over the dispenser.
- Use the flat-head screwdriver to fix the cover in place with screws.
- Confirm that everything is in place properly, and test out the new dispenser.
That’s it! You’ve successfully replaced your paper towel dispenser. Now you can enjoy the convenience of the new, fully-functional unit!
FAQ On Paper Towel Dispenser
How Do You Remove A Paper Towel Dispenser?
To remove a paper towel dispenser, locate the screws or tabs that hold it in place. Once located, remove them and gently lift the dispenser off the wall.
What Size Paper Towel Dispenser Do I Need?
It depends on the size of the paper towel rolls you plan to use. Measure the width and diameter of the roll and choose a dispenser that can accommodate those dimensions.
How Do You Install A Paper Towel Dispenser?
To install a paper towel dispenser, locate the mounting template that comes with the dispenser and use it to mark the holes on the wall. Then, drill the holes and install the dispenser according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
What Are The Benefits Of A Touchless Paper Towel Dispenser?
A touchless paper towel dispenser helps minimize the spread of germs and bacteria as users don’t have to touch the dispenser to get a paper towel. It also helps keep the restroom area cleaner and more hygienic.
Replacing a paper towel dispenser may seem like a daunting task, but with the right knowledge and tools, it can be a simple and straightforward process. Firstly, determine the type of dispenser you need and ensure the new unit will fit the existing mounting holes.
Secondly, install the new dispenser by following the manufacturer’s instructions, which may differ depending on the brand and model. Finally, test the new dispenser to make sure it’s working correctly. By replacing the paper towel dispenser, you will be providing a more hygienic solution and reducing environmental waste.
Remember to properly dispose of the old dispenser and any used paper towels. Follow these steps, and you’ll be on your way to a better, more efficient paper towel dispenser in no time!