To change a paper towel dispenser, follow these steps: open the dispenser, remove the empty roll, insert a new paper towel roll, close the dispenser, and test its functionality.
Paper towel dispensers are commonly found in bathrooms and kitchens in both residential and commercial settings. They provide a convenient and hygienic way to dry hands and clean surfaces.
Over time, the paper towel roll will run out, and it will need to be replaced with a new one. Changing a paper towel dispenser is a simple process that can be done quickly and efficiently.
When changing a paper towel dispenser, it’s essential to identify the type of dispenser you have, as this will dictate the steps you’ll need to follow.
For instance, manual dispensers often have a button or latch that you’ll need to press or slide to open the unit, while automatic dispensers may have a keyhole or sensor that you’ll need to trigger for access.
Regardless of the type, always ensure the new roll is properly aligned and secured before closing the dispenser to avoid jams or malfunctions.
6 Steps to Change a Paper Towel Dispenser
|1||Open the dispenser|
|2||Remove the empty paper towel roll|
|3||Insert a new paper towel roll|
|4||Align the paper towel end with the dispenser opening|
|5||Close the dispenser|
|6||Test the dispenser to ensure proper functioning|
Five Interesting Facts About Paper Towel Dispensers
Checking Manufacturer Instructions
Before changing a paper towel dispenser, it is important to check the manufacturer instructions. These instructions may vary depending on the model of the dispenser and may include specific requirements for installation.
Some key things to consider when checking the instructions are:
- Are there any specialized tools that are needed for the installation?
- Is there a recommended method for removing the existing dispenser?
- Are there any wiring or electrical components that need to be disconnected before the installation of the new dispenser?
Ensuring The Proper Tools Are Available
To make the change of a paper towel dispenser as easy as possible, it’s essential to ensure that the proper tools are available.
Some common tools that might be used during this process include:
- Power drills
- Screws and bolts
- Measuring tape
Before starting any installation, it’s important to confirm that these tools are available and that they are in good working order. This will help to prevent any potential issues and make the installation process run smoothly.
Ensuring That The New Paper Towel Dispenser Matches The Existing Space
One final step before making any changes to the paper towel dispenser is to ensure that the new dispenser matches the existing space. Take note of the existing dispenser’s dimensions and style and find a replacement that matches the same specifications.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- The amount of space available in the existing dispenser area
- The color and style of the existing area, to ensure that the new dispenser fits in with the surrounding decor
- The type of towels that the new dispenser will dispense (e.g., folded or rolled)
By paying attention to these details, you can ensure that your new paper towel dispenser matches the existing space and that the installation will fit in smoothly with the surrounding decor.
Removal Of The Old Paper Towel Dispenser
Shutting Off The Water Supply
Before removing the old paper towel dispenser, you must first shut off the water supply to avoid any unnecessary leaks.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Locate the valve that controls the water supply to the dispenser.
- Turn the valve clockwise until it is fully closed.
- Test the dispenser to ensure that the water is completely shut off.
Removing The Paper Towels From The Old Dispenser
Once the water supply is shut off, it’s time to remove the paper towels from the dispenser.
- Open the dispenser and remove any remaining paper towels.
- Dispose of the paper towels appropriately.
Detaching The Dispenser From The Wall
Next, you need to detach the old dispenser from the wall.
Follow these steps:
- Locate the screws that hold the dispenser to the wall.
- Remove the screws using a screwdriver.
- Carefully detach the dispenser from the wall.
Disposing Of The Old Dispenser
The final step is to dispose of the old dispenser.
Make sure that you follow these guidelines to dispose of the old dispenser safely:
- Check with your local waste management facility for any specific guidelines and requirements.
- Remove any remaining screws or hardware from the dispenser.
- Dispose of the old dispenser in accordance with your local regulations.
Changing a paper towel dispenser may seem like a daunting task, but with these easy-to-follow steps, you can complete the task in no time.
Just remember to shut off the water supply, remove the paper towels, detach the dispenser from the wall, and dispose of the old dispenser responsibly.
Installing The New Paper Towel Dispenser
Are you ready to upgrade your restroom’s paper towel dispenser? Installing a new paper towel dispenser is an easy task that you can complete in a few simple steps.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you along the way:
Mounting The New Dispenser To The Wall
- Locate the studs in the wall where you want to install the dispenser.
- Hold the dispenser up to the wall and mark where you want to place it using a pencil.
- Use a drill and screws to secure the dispenser to the wall, making sure to drill into the studs for added stability.
Connecting The Water Supply
- Turn off the water supply before starting this step.
- Connect the water supply line to the dispenser, ensuring that it is securely attached and leak-proof.
- Turn the water supply back on.
Securing The Dispenser In Place
- Check to ensure that the dispenser is solidly mounted to the wall and doesn’t move or wobble.
- Tighten any screws that may have become loose during installation.
Testing The New Dispenser For Proper Functionality
- Tear off a piece of paper towel to ensure that the dispenser is operating correctly.
- Activate any features of the dispenser, such as a motion sensor, to verify proper functionality.
- Make sure that there are no leaks from the water supply or dispenser.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed your new paper towel dispenser. With just a little bit of time and effort, you can make a significant improvement to your restroom’s functionality.
Making Sure The Dispenser Is At The Correct Height
Before beginning the final check, it is important to make sure the dispenser is installed at the correct height. This will ensure that users can easily access and use the dispenser, without any discomfort.
To check if the dispenser is at the proper height, follow these steps:
- Measure the distance from the floor to the center of the dispenser.
- Compare this measurement to the recommended installation height from the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Adjust the dispenser if necessary, ensuring that it is securely fastened to the wall.
Verifying That The Dispenser Dispenses The Correct Amount Of Paper Towels
Another critical step during the final check is to verify that the dispenser is dispensing the correct amount of paper towels. This will help prevent unnecessary waste and reduce operational costs.
To verify the dispenser’s accuracy, follow these steps:
- Place a waste receptacle under the dispenser.
- Activate the dispenser several times to dispense paper towels.
- Count the number of paper towels that are dispensed each time.
- Compare this number to the number of towels recommended by the manufacturer.
Checking For Any Leaks Or Other Issues
The final step in the paper towel dispenser installation process is to check for any leaks or other issues. This step will ensure that the dispenser is functioning properly and there are no malfunctions.
To check for leaks and other issues, follow these steps:
- Inspect the dispenser and surrounding area for any leaks or signs of damage.
- Test the dispenser by activating it several times.
- Make sure the dispenser operates smoothly without any jamming or other malfunctions.
- If any issues are found, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for troubleshooting.
Following these three steps for final check will ensure that the paper towel dispenser is installed correctly, functions properly, and meets the needs of your facility.
Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific details and steps for installing and maintaining your dispenser.
FAQ On Paper Towel Dispensers
How Do I Remove The Old Paper Towel Dispenser?
To remove the old paper towel dispenser, locate the screws on the bottom or top of the dispenser and use a screwdriver to unscrew them. Once unscrewed, gently pull the dispenser away from the wall.
How Do I Install A New Paper Towel Dispenser?
To install a new paper towel dispenser, place the new dispenser in the desired location and use a level to ensure it is straight. Mark the locations of the mounting screws, drill holes, insert wall anchors, and screw the dispenser in place.
What Type Of Paper Towels Should I Use?
We recommend using standard roll paper towels with your dispenser. Make sure the roll fits the size of the dispenser to ensure proper dispensing.
How Do I Refill The Dispenser With Paper Towels?
To refill the dispenser, simply remove the empty roll and replace it with a new one. Make sure to feed the new roll through the dispenser’s feeding mechanism before closing the cover.
Replacing a paper towel dispenser is an easy task that can be done by anyone. However, it still requires attention to detail and proper knowledge to avoid damaging the existing dispenser or the surrounding area. By following the steps we outlined in this post, you should be able to replace your paper towel dispenser with ease.
Remember to always turn off power sources, clean and measure the area before installing, and test the new dispenser before using it. Also, choose a dispenser that fits the needs of your business and is within your budget.
By changing your paper towel dispenser, you can save money and improve your customer’s experience while also contributing to a cleaner, more hygienic environment.
So go ahead and give your old paper towel dispenser a new life with these simple steps!